|PROLOGUE|

P R O L O G U E

The moon in the dark-blue sky elicits a silvery light over the tall figure of the demon prince, Zander Hellion, splayed on the grassland of the riverbank.

The merfolks couldn't see the prince due to him being hidden under the shadows of the tall tress looming above.

Zander was laying over the soft grass on his chest with his arms crossed. With his chin resting over the palm of his hand, he flared open his mighty wings the colour of midnight and hummed along to the melancholic melody of the siren queen's song.

🎼

Let me sing a lullaby
As you close your eyes
And as you're drifting off to sleep
How I hope that the dreams that you find are bright

🎼

Zander's eyes shut in content as a chilly winter breeze ruffled his untamed hair. He'd never met the siren queen in his seven centuries of existence.

But then, he never really left Helvon, the Underworld kingdom, until it was very necessary.

Even for those meetings once every month where all the kings and queens from the five kingdoms of Ancientriova-Helvon being one of them-he never attended. Neither did his mother, the queen and the ruler of the Underworld. His father was the one to do so.

So it could be understandable that he hadn't met any of his fellow neighboring kingdom's kings and queens.

🎼

Love, can we meet again soon in the bluest of skies?
Where a tomorrow waits for you and I.

🎼

As the melancholic voice calms his mind and soul, Zander let's out a blissful sigh.

No wonder it is said that a siren's song could drive one to madness or their own death. It had that kind of insensible effect on people.

He didn't blame those who fall for the enchantment and accept their death gleefully. Now who wouldn't die happily after listening to this voice?

🎼

So hold me tight one more time. But don't kiss me goodbye.
'Cause I'll be waiting for you on the other side.

🎼

A smile flitted across Zander's lips at these chords reminding him of the two most important women in his life who were in deep slumber right now back in the castle of Helvon.

His mother and his wife.

Queen Annabeth, his mother, loved the siren's song as much as he did. Manier times, the queen of the underworld would sneak out with her son to listen to the song through the night. It was their own little secret haven that fueled them at their dullest moments. Even his father didn't know about it.

And then there was Laira, his wife.

The woman he loved with everything he had. The woman who made his heart grow twice the size and the woman who could make him conquer the whole world if she just wished for it.

His smile widened as he thought of making Laira listen to this song.

'She'll love it.' He thought.

Liking the idea way too much, Zander sprang to his feet ready to go back to Underworld and fetch her right this instant. The urge to kiss her under the moonlight as the melody echoed around them seemed way too pleasing.

As he shut his eyes, Zander felt darkness envelop him. The smokeless clouds of his power ran through his veins and the next moment, when he opened those eyelids, he was back in his room in Helvon.