|Chapter Three : The Decision|

A belated HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY to all my Indian readers <3

▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎

"You want us to do what?" Zander's tone matches my current state of bewilderment as he hollers at Mellisa.

The ultimate queen just crosses her arms over her chest, her blue-green eyes blank, "You heard me already, Zander Hellion."

Zander's eyes narrowed into slits, "You want me and her," He pointed his index finger at me before looking back at Mellisa, "To find this 'thing' you don't have a damn clue what it is yourself. Together?"

Mellisa nods.

"Are you out of your mind?!" He looked ready to pull his hair out.

I roll my eyes. So dramatic.

As if you're not. My bitch of a subconscious thought it necessary to give her opinion. Nevertheless,

"I'm not very eager to work with you either, devil incarnate." I remind my darling-make it as venomous as an anaconda-mate.

"Eager? Oh, come on, I don't want to work with you!" He turns to me with an icy look and I give him an equally chilly one.

"What, you wanna fight me?" I ask when his cold stare turns to a glare at my lack of defiance.

"As if you'd win." He lets out a humourless laugh.

That ticks me and I get off my seat again steaming like a volcano, "Oh, you couldn't be more wrong, devil incarnate." 

"I'm certain I couldn't be more right, fish." He rebukes equally mad.

"Let me prove you wrong this very instant then." And then I'm about to pounce my claws on him again in full-on hyena mode but a translucent blue shield blocks my move.

"What is wrong with you two?" Mellisa's voice is as incredulous as her facial expression, "I thought you both were mates?"

"He isn't my mate."

"She isn't my mate." 

We both say simultaneously before turning to dig holes through our eyes at each other.

Mellisa sighs. Eleanor sighs. Kaitlyn sighs as well. Valerian remains blank as ever but then Anthony decides to open his mouth,

"Why are they always like this?" The lycan king pokes the vampire king, Kane, who had been scanning his nails as if he had them manicured. 

Kane glances up at me and Zander as his lips pull into a slow smirk, "Must be sexual tension."

I and devil incarnate snap our heads towards Kane in such a quick movement, it's a wonder we still had our heads attached to our neck. The glowers we pass the vampire king then meant murder.

"Enough of this." Mellisa's voice is hard, making us turn to her. That heavy aura of power radiates off her reminding us of who she truly is. What she is.

"Settle down, Marilla." Her blazing eyes shift to me then to devil incarnate, "Sit, Zander."

We sit down back in our seats silently like obedient children at the ultimate queen's command, not daring to disoblige.

Mellisa lets out a sigh when she notices how quiet everyone had gone, "I'm sorry. I was harsh." She rubs her temples with the tip of her fingers, "But I really need your help. This is my last chance. Please."

I look up in surprise and even Valerian does. We've both been the closest friends to Mellisa among all the other kings and queens. And we knew very well that if she was pleading us for something, it truly must mean a lot to her. She never pleads for anything. What Mellisa wants, she gets it. She's the queen of all the supernatural realms afterall.