|Epilogue|

▪︎ A few months later ▪︎

"I told your husband the very first time I met him that he should be thankful you're not into girls or else he wouldn't have stood a chance against me." Laira's voice bounced through the hallways as she spoke into her phone with Layla.

Even in my room, dressed up as the bride from head-to-toe, I could hear her cheery voice, her approaching footsteps accompanied by another who I'm sure is Avyanna's.

Turns out, Layla, Avyanna and Laira were best friends until Avyanna left the Black Sea.

Layla had abducted Avyanna along with Ursula only because Laira wanted to ask Avyanna why she'd left when everything was good with them.

Which later on, Layla answered when she came to know what Laira's question was. Layla had found out that Avyanna wanted to become a guard of one of the five kingdoms. So for her friend's sake and since she knew Avyanna couldn't fulfill her dream by staying in the Black Sea, Layla had glamoured Avyanna into believing she'd treated the nymph horribly and let her escape into Seagill. Where I took Avyanna to Valerian.

In the end, Avyanna had fulfilled her wish, become the head guard of the capital kingdom while Layla was a guide to her path in the disguise of a villian. Avyanna had been furious when she found out but then she'd thanked Layla to no end. Now the three of them are back to friends.

I took a look of myself in the mirror. The gown I wore was a pure ivory silk, crystals diamanté decorated the material from my waist upto my chest where the sparkly stones splattered over my décolletage as if the skin of my cleavage was woven with diamonds. The lower half flared into a wide skirt that of a ball gown, crystal studs and pearls adorning the bottom of it.

A tulle veil rested at the crown of my head beaded with pearls that sat like a headband over my head and flared in tulle nets down the length of my blue hair that was left open in waves at the back.

My makeup is minimal, to accentuate my natural beauty as per the words of the stylist, but it is done so beautiful it seemed as if I were glowing. My cheeks were flushed with a peach tint and so were my lips. The mascara did a fair job at volumizing the eyelashes making my eyes look vibrant.

As I admire how everything fit so well and how it made me feel so pretty, the door slid open and Laira gasps, Avyanna no where in sight.

"Oh my goodness! Marilla, you look like an ultimate fantasy! I could kidnap you right now!" She squeals, dressed in a coffee coloured gown herself that hug her like a glove with a thigh high split.

Laira turns the phone's camera in her hand towards me, "Layla, look!"

My gaze lands on the phone's screen as Layla stares back with those silver eyes. She is seated in front of what I'm assuming is the dressing table, her room's gold and ivory interior is displayed as the background. She's in a silk night gown, her hair a bit messy and the strands wet.

Layla and Apollo got married a few months back in Mount Olympus. I and Zander were there for their wedding, both of us disguised so that Zeus doesn't recognize us.

It was a cheerful event and I'd never seen Layla more happier. Don't even ask about Apollo, the man is smitten by her to the point where all that exists in his world is her. Even Layla loves him equally fiercely, it's clear in her eyes. It's cute. Because I know the lengths Apollo had gone to make Layla feel loved and how it'd worked so well for the both of them.

Apollo had wanted Layla and me to interact in some way since she couldn't ever come back to this realm and he wanted her to have some family to talk to. So he'd set the video call routine. Video calls weren't allowed in Mount Olympus but Apollo had stated as long as it makes Layla happy, he didn't mind the consequences. Either ways as long as dumb Zeus didn't know, everything was fine.