|Twenty-Two : Stories from the Past|

When morning arrives and I'm done brushing my teeth, I find myself standing in front of the bathroom mirror and glaring at the reflection of the woman staring back at me.

The blue hair was a frazzled mess atop her hair, dark circles bagged the lower part of her eyes and the face despite how ghostly it looked due to lack of sleep was more tolerable than the crook of her neck.

Because that gods damned part was branded by an ever-growing dark purplish mark. Mark of teeths. Mark of a.....

Ugh. I'm going to kill him.

Taking an one-eighty turn, I storm out of the bathroom and then my room, down the stairs.

"Zander! You devil incarnate!" I yell at the top of my lungs searching for him like a crazed woman through the arrays of rooms here.

Venturing into the kitchen where I hear movements from, "Look what you di-"

My words stop short the moment I enter the confines of the kitchen. The smell of spices sizzled in the air as Zander stood in front of the stove flipping a pancake, half naked if I might add.

Dark washed jeans hung low on his hips and it took everything in me not to ogle at the expanse of muscles and skin let on plain view.

My sight lingered on the tattoo of wings marring the upper part of his shoulders at the back.

But before I could take into each and every intricate pattern of the tattoo though, Zander turned around.

His eyes roamed from my foot to the silk maroon robe I'd changed into yesterday night after he left, those gaze darken the slightest bit before settling on my face.

Zander switches off the gas and leans back against the counter. A smirk pulls onto his lips as he crosses his arms over his chest, muscles flexing and all, "Like what you see, fish?"

Rolling my eyes, I cross my arms over my chest mimicking him, "I've seen and touched stuff better."

A venomous look crosses over his face before he laughs it off, "Liar. I've never seen you be serious with anyone."

"Very daring of you to assume that when you practically didn't even know me more than a month ago. Do not think I'm a Nun. I've had my share of fun. I've lived far too long afterall."

Zander doesn't retort and I don't bother to decipher what look he had on his face now.

Unclasping my crossed arms, I let them fall to my side as I make my way over to settle on the marbled kitchen island.

Finally I decide to quip my attention back to him to break the silence in the air, "You can cook?" I ask with a tilt to my head.

Zander's eyes twinkles at the question and in a long time, I see somewhat off a very genuine smile pull onto his lips.

"Yep." That smile remains intact, "My mother thought me. She was a stricter when it came to learning chores, whether it be a girl or a boy. She believed both should know how to do their work and not depend on the other. I can do every house chores existing, you know."

"Wow." A short laugh escapes my mouth, "That was unexpected of you."

His eyes squint at my words, "What do you take me for, amore?"

Ignoring the endearment, "A lazy to the bones man."

Zander places a hand over his bare chest and gives me a horrified look, "You wound my fragile heart."

I roll my eyes at his antics before my eyes flickers towards the slight ink of the tattoo peeking over his shoulder blades.

"Where'd you get that tattoo from? It's. . .beautiful." This time when I meet his eyes, the laughter is gone from them replaced by a rather agonized look.