|Chapter Thirty-Three : Lover Boy|

○----1 and half week later----○

▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎
M A R I L L A
▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎

"I'm lucky our engagement got postponed to one week later or my foot would've been fractured by your lack of dancing skills," Dilin blabbered as he took a step back right when I was about to stomp down on his foot again.

Our supposed engagement got postponed because suddenly Layla seems to have doubts regarding the dear suitor she chose for me. And so she extended one week to 'observe his behavior'. Not that I'm complaining.

About my lack of dancing skills tho. . .

"I didn't have time to go around practicing twelve dancing princesses!" I huff, my eyes focused on our foots as I tried to take a step ahead with the music's rhythm buzzing in the empty ballroom.

Dilin glared when I almost stomped on him again, "You've lived for like what? Seven centuries? And you didn't have time?"

Bringing my gaze upto his, I pass him a seething look, "Stop lecturing me!"

"Your dancing abhors me." He mumbles as if pained by my lack of skill in the department.

I raise a brow at him in challenge, "Your stupidness at the breakfast today abhorred me too."

At that he finally spares me an innocent glance that looked nothing innocent, "What did I even do?"

I give him a bland look, "Except for sticking to me like glue stick and playing with my hair when Zander kept glaring at you and except asking Layla and I quote 'Are you jealous that your fiancé-to-be's attention is on my fiancé-to-be?'" I parroted trying to imitate his voice before giving him a creepy smile, "You did nothing else."

Dilin passes me a coy look, "You're welcome for the free entertainment. Did you see Zander's face? He looked ready to dig my grave then and there. And Layla seemed very much happy to help. It was fun to tick them both."

I roll my eyes, "If I didn't know better, I'd have thought you like Layla with the amount you keep poking her at every opportunity."

The look he gives me is nothing short of absolutely blank.

"Don't do that so much. Layla might act as if she's angry and mad and jealous but. . ." I say looking away from his unnerving gaze and stare at a faraway wall, "She's always been sensitive. And she really loves Zander."

Dilin takes a step back before turning me in a graceful twirl and pulling me back to him, "What about you? Do you always just think about others?"

The hardness in his tone has me looking at him again, "You're bei-"

"Whether you met him first or not, Zander's still your mate. Don't let your sister manipulate you into doing her biding because of the love you have for her. Be smart, sweet meat. Not fooled." He grits the last sentence through his teeth before gesturing me to follow his steps.

Everytime we speak about this, it ends up in some sort of disagreement from his side.

I sigh going along to the rhythm and try to change the topic, "Did you find out anything about the certificates?"

Dilin seems to still for a moment but nods, "Both of the certificates are registered by a hospital faraway from Seagill's mainlands. It's on an isle away from Seagill's capital. I found out your parents went to the isle right after their wedding for their honeymoon and to take rest from kingdom duties for a while. Although their stay there stretched a little too long and they came back to Seagill's castle after Layla and you were born."