7 - Levina

The next day I woke up, wrapped in my duvet like it was a cocoon. I was in a cold sweat, my head throbbing. Squinting my eyes as sunlight creeped through my window, I tried to wiggle out of the tight confines of the bedding.

"You're finally awake." Kaiden's voice made me snap my head to the right, where he was sitting on the rug cross-legged, staring up at me. His dagger was in his right hand, sharpener in his left.
"How did I get here?" I said, my voice barely more than a whisper.
Kaiden raised an eyebrow.
"You think you went somewhere?"

"Yes!" I abruptly sat up. "I was in a dandelion field, and mum was there, and little me, and then all the dandelions died, and-"

"Woah, woah. You must've had a crazy ass dream, because you've been out for the past two days, Levi."

My brow furrowed as I swung my legs to the side of the bed, leaning forward and resting my arms on them. "You're serious?"
"When am I ever not, Levina? As soon as you and your father had that disagreement, I came in, and you collapsed. He's been blaming himself."

"Oh. Well shit, I guess I better see him."

♕︎𑁍♕︎

Voices came from the other side of the door. Glancing at Kaiden, he mouthed, no.
Yes, I hissed back, and pressed my ear to the mahogany.

"What do you think of this route? It can go through Groydon, and down the Yestrewood, up to the castle's front gate."

"Less chance of burglary. I like it."

Kaiden shook my shoulder frantically. I pushed him off, listening closer.

"Of course, you and your family can also take this route whenever you want. It helps to drag attention away. "

"Great. We'll be sure to come often, so our kids have the best opportunity to get to know each other."

"Yes, of course. The marriage will go swimmingly if our two children really develop feelings."

My hand flew to my mouth as I jerked away from the door. Kaiden whispered, in a hushed tone,

"What? What did you hear?" My heartbeat quickened. "Levina?"

Placing a hand over my heart, I muttered,

"Nothing...nothing. Let's just go."