11 - Kaiden

I tapped my foot impatiently outside the door. If Alora wasn't in there, I would never let those two stay in a room alone, but I could tell she was itching for a fight, and the Prince would make a very fine punching bag.

"You okay Kaiden?" Trevor cocked his head to the side. I waved him off.
"I'm fine. Just..."
"Jealous?"

My head snapped towards him. Trevor had always been very intuitive. I'd heard somewhere that many born in the late half of February were. He seemed to know what you were thinking before even you realised it.
"I get it man." He leaned back against the brick wall next to the door. "Alora just ended things with Zemira a few weeks ago."
Zemira, Alora's long time girlfriend. I'd only met her once as she latter's plus one to a mutual event, but she'd seemed nice.

"Why'd they break up?" I asked. Trevor ran a hand through his tight curls. "Her parents didn't approve of the relationship when they found out. They forbid Alora from coming to Ironstoe again."

"Wow." I muttered, "That's harsh."
"My point..." He took a deep breath, closing his eyes. "My point, is that when you've been with someone for so many years, it can be hard to give them up to someone else, even if you two weren't in a romantic relationship in the first place.
"You should be happy for them, because in the end isn't that what we want? To make our charge happy?"

I gripped my sword hilt out of habit, just curling my fingers around the gold and resting my left hand there. It's something I've taken to doing when I'm in deep thought, almost to ward off distractions with the threat of instant death by sword.
"... I guess...i guess it is."

♕︎𑁍♕︎

The door opened. "Alora, what happened?" I frantically asked her as she smirked at me "Did you beat him up?"
"Nah. I wanted to though."

Glancing at Trevor again, he was talking to a man, probably a servant.
"You sure you don't wanna just throw... you know, a couple jabs?" I whispered, and she cackled. "Kaiden!" Pushing my shoulder lightly, I chuckled.

Trevor came up behind me and told Alora that her father had summoned her, so I bade her farewell and finally left the doorway, going through the second door to Levina's bedroom.

Skylar was there with her.
And they were kissing.