17 - Kaiden

It was happening again.
The same thing that occurred when Levina woke up, that is. She’s acting weird, distant, almost in another world.
It was getting annoying.

Over the course of the next two days, I’d walked into Levina’s room several times to find her on her bed, staring at the wall. And then when I make a noise she just...jolts, like she was snapped out of something. It’s concerning.

And on top of all that, I got in trouble with King Aarick and King Kohara. The Prince tattled on me, and both Kings were so angry about the 'breach in hospitality', that Kohara suspended my duties for a week!

In the Royal guard, being suspended for any amount of time is considered social suicide. And guess who they replaced me with while I was on leave.

Damn Trevor.

Although he allowed me to see her, the absolute saint he is, it still sucked arse to be banned from my duties.

"This is why you need to get your temper under control." Levina scolded me for at least the tenth time that day.
"I know, I know." I mumbled. "Being away from you has made me learn my lesson." I added, smirking.
Levi snorted, punching me in the shoulder. "Shut up you colossal imbecil."

She plopped onto her bed, crossing her legs on the sheets. Without warning, her eyes went glassy, fogged like there was a cloud in her skull.
"Levi. Levi!" I rested my hand on her shoulder, only to yank it back immediately.
"What in the Gods, Levina? Why are you so cold?"

Levina jumped, and her eyes snapped clear.
"Hmm? What were you saying?"

This is the kind of thing I mean. We'll be talking, fine, having fun, and then she just… drifts. And the worst thing about it is I don't think she even notices it's happening.

I'm worried.