16 - Levina

"What exactly am I looking for?" I whispered to Kaiden as he directed me to an aisle in the library.
"Anything to do with wind manipulation." He responded. I nodded, and we went our opposite ways.
As I walked down 'The History of the Supernatural' aisle, I passed book by book, spine by spine, but none of them really attracted my attention.

Until I came upon 'Elementals - the encyclopedia of supernatural myths'.
"Elementals." I murmured. That could have information on something I needed.
As I pulled the book from the shelf, it got… stuck. It wouldn't come out all of the way. I pulled more aggressively, and the ground seemed to tremble under my feet, like something was stirring.

"What the-"
The ground dropped out from beneath me.

♕︎𑁍♕︎

The sky was red. That was the first thing I noticed when I opened my eyes.
The second thing being that the soil I was lying supine on, was yellow.

"You've woken up, I see." a soft voice startled me as I jumped to my feet.

In front of me was an old woman, with an eerie smile. She donned a white gown reaching over her hands and down her legs.
Her face was covered with marks of old age, her eyes a pastel velvet.

"Who in the Gods are you?" I snarled.
"Where did you take me? I swear if you don't send me back right now I'll-"
The lady chuckled.
"You're an avid chatter, aren't you?" She muttered, in a not unpleasant way.
I didn't respond.

"Come, child." she sighed.
I didn't move.

She sighed, shaking her head.
"Hey, look." I snapped. "I don't know who you are, I don't know where I am, and I'd very much like to go back to the library, thank you very much."

"You'll go. In time."
"What do you mean 'in time'? Am I dead? A ghost? Did I do something bad and now I'm in the fabled purgatory?"

"So, so many questions." She said, obviously amused.
"Could you do me a favour and answer at least one?"
"Mmm…" She hummed, deep in thought, while a cryptic smile played on her lips.
"No. I think it's rather early, don't You, Levina?"

"Levina?
"Levina?

"Levina! Are you okay?"

My whole body flinched as I snapped out of my daze. There was glass under my feet. Blood was trailing down my cheeks. I looked up at Kaiden.

"...Yeah.
"I'm fine."