10 - Alora

"What? That's crazy. He's actually trying to marry you off?"
"Yes, Ali. And I have no idea what to do." Levina put her head in her hands, and I pat her back reassuringly.
"Trevor, could you excuse us for a mo'?" My guard bowed and quickly left the room.

I got up and locked the door.
"Okay, girl. Tell me everything." i gushed. Levina fell backwards, lying on her bed, and I joined her. "Come on, cuz. If I know everything, maybe I can help you!"

"Trust me, Alora, you couldn't possibly help me with this." I shot my cousin a suspicious look. "I'll tell you anyway though."

"I was going to meet my father after I passed out, you heard about that right?"
"Mhm, course I did."
"Okay. So then I got their and the King of Devusiya was in their with him. I listened through the door and heard them talking about the 'marriage', and how if the Prince and I really liked each other, it'd be much easier."

"Oh, Gods no. Where's that boy, we're calling him over right now." I exclaimed. Hurrying over to the door, I opened it and tapped Kaiden on the shoulder. "Hey, Kay. Go tell the Prince that his wife-to-be wants to have a word."
Kaiden narrowed his eyes, then shook his head and left.

♕︎𑁍♕︎

"Levina?" A male voice said from behind the door, accompanied by a few knocks. I cracked my knuckles as Levina shot me a concerned glance and went over to the door to open it.

A boy clad in only black and white stood there. Black hair, like the sky at the witch's hour, pristine white shirt he obviously hadn't eaten since he put it on. Shiny dark shoes, white high-waisted trousers. The only thing that wasn't monochrome were his eyes. A gemstone green, eery and beautiful at the same time. He caught sight of me behind Levi, and those eyes widened even more.

"Um, this is my cousin, Alora." she gestured to me. I sent him a head nod. I could feel, underneath my skin, my blood steadily simmering, waiting for the best chance.

"Alora as in Alora Arrington, as in the daughter of the Duke of Groydon?"
"That's the one." I uttered, my teeth gritted. Then I decided I couldn't wait any longer.
I stood up abruptly and walked over, clutching his shirt.
"Hey Mr Loverboy, just a heads up, you break her heart, I break you. You don't call off the wedding, I break you. You touch her," I brought his face closer, one laced with anxiety, "yeah, that's right. I break you."

You see, my cousin has a big heart. And that's definitely not a bad thing, don't get me wrong. But, half the time I'm afraid she's going to get her heart broken because of it.

And maybe I'm a bit too, eager for a fight, yes.
But that's not such a bad thing either.

"Alora, come on leave him alone. He didn't know either."

"...Darn it. I was really looking for a fight." I released him and he took more than a few steps back, smoothing down his front. I turned back to Levina, putting my hands on my hips. "So, what're you guys going to do?"

"We don't… we don't really know yet."
"Oh my Gods, you guys are hopeless! "