🌌5️⃣ch.55️⃣🌌

"Let's go to the Main Street!"

As Grim rested on your shoulder, you enjoyed the slightly cold breeze that played with your hair.

It was a pretty nice day at least. Grim was asleep. Again.

You rolled your eyes playfully at his sleepiness and let him sleep.

You arrived and took a moment to look at all the statues.

'Wow..' you thought.

Grim stirred a bit and woke up.

"Uwaaaah~ Amazing. So this is Main Street. I didn't get a good look yesterday but what's with these statues? All seven of them look pretty scary. This granny looks especially snobby."

"You don't know about the Queen of Hearts?" someone said from behind.

"Queen of Hearts? Is she important?"

"In the past, she was the queen who lived in the Rose Maze. She was someone who valued rules and discipline above all, strict in all things from the march of the Card Soldiers to the color of rose bushes. It was a land of madness where all submit to her rule. Why you ask? Because or else it was off with your head!"

"That's terrifying" Grim said, and you shivered.

"It's cool! I like it. Nobody would listen to a queen who's just nice all the time, right?"

"I suppose. A strong leader is better.
By the way, who are you?"

"I'm Ace, a fresh-faced first year. Nice to meetcha~" Ace introduced himself with a bright smile.

"I am Grim, a genius who'll become the greatest magician." Grim said with pride.

"I'm Y/n Hato, nice to meet you!" you said and reached your hand for him to shake.

"You've got an odd sounding name." Ace said but shook your hand.

"Hey, Ace. The lion over here with the scar, are they famous?" Grim asked, and pointed to the lion statue.

"Of course! This is the King of Beast who rules the Savanna," Ace chimed as you listened.

"However, he was not born to be king, but he took the throne through effort and elaborate planning. After becoming king, he even allowed the loathed hyenas to live in his kingdom with discrimination."

"Ooooh. I guess he was a rock not held captive by his status. Who's the lady with octopus legs?"

"The Sea Witch who lives in a cavern in the deep. Her purpose was to help all unfortunate merfolk. As long as you could pay the price, she could transform you, help you find love, anything. If it was within her power, there wasn't anything she wouldn't do. They say her prices were pretty high, though. That's what it costs for 'anything'."

"Nyaaa-ha! So what you're saying is that I can get rich if I become a great magician!? Then, what about this man in the big hat?" Grim pointed at another statue.

"The Sorcerer of the Sand. He was a cunning cabinet minister to a foolish sultan and saw through the fake prince that was actually a street rat trying to deceive the princess. Then he got a magic lamp and became the most powerful sorcerer of all! With that power, they say, he became sultan."

Your mouth turned to a small 'o' as Ace continued to speak.

"Ho hoh! So it is important for magicians to be the center of attention!
Oooh! This lady sure is beautiful!" Grim said and pointed at a pretty lady.

"She is the Beautiful Queen. Everyday, she checked the "Beauty Ranking" in her magic Mirror. And when it looked like she might fall from the number one spot, she never hesitated to do anything to get it back. I guess she had the strong will to remain the most beautiful in the world? So impressive.. They say she was even adept at making poisons." Ace continued, and you shivered yet again at the thought.

"She's pretty... but.... no thanks..." Grim said and you chuckled.

"You think? But it's cool that she has something she'll never give up."

"S-sure, that single-minded drive is pretty cool. Over there, what's the guy on fire? Just looking gives me goosebumps."

"He's the Lord of the Underworld! He rules a land crawling with evil spirit on his own. No doubt he is extremely skilled. Even though he's got a scary face, he did that detestable job without ever taking a vacation. And his sincerity won over Cerberus, the Hydra, even the Titans, to fight for him."

"Wow." You muttered.

"Hmmm, hmmm. So having talent doesn't mean you get to be haughty.
And the last one, with the horns?"

"That is the Witch of Thorns from the Magic Mountains. Noble and elegant, even within the Seven, she is top class in magic and curses! She can summon lightning and storms, cover an entire country in thorns, her magic is on a whole other level. There was even a time she transformed into a huge dragon!"

"Oooh! A dragon! All monsters look up to them!" Grim said.

"They're all so cool~
...Unlike a certain raccoon."

You instantly face palmed as he finished his sentence.