Chapter 26: What A Peculiar Dragonet...

Flint marveled at the wonder and beauty of the rainforest. Wow.. he thought, breathing in the scent of freshness. He sauntered across the jungle floor, enjoying the peace and shade.

     Flint, of course, had to keep a close eye out all of the time so that he wouldn't accidentally set a forest fire with his Firescales. Queen Glory had told him to herself.

    "Now don't go galumphing around my kingdom. You know fair well that you'd set a fire and since almost none of the RainWings here have ever seen fire, they would probably think it was shiny and pretty and try to touch it," the Queen of the RainWings had ordered. Flint had agreed with a serious nod.

     A rustling in the bushes ahead snapped him back to the present. He froze, perking his ears.

    "What was that?" he asked, frantically looking around. Traveling further toward the rustling, he heard crying.

     Crying? Is this a dragonet? he thought, peering through the leaves. Sure enough, a small RainWing dragonet sat alone and abandoned on the rainforest floor. Holy shit, that's not just any dragonet, that's Princess Flower! he realized, as he got a closer look.

 Holy shit, that's not just any dragonet, that's Princess Flower! he realized, as he got a closer look

    "Oh.. hello there little one.." he offered to the crying Princess, flying over to her. The black and aqua dragonet looked up at him, wiping tears from her face.

     He decided to take pity on her. Very carefully scooping her up on his fireproof armor, then telling her to not touch his actual scales or else she'd get hurt, he then flew above the canopy to search for Queen Glory's hut. He was struggling with the extra weight of a 2-year-old on him, but soon he found what he was looking for.

    "There!" he stated, spotting the beautiful orchids of various colors growing atop an aspen-wood building. The small Princess on his back looked at the building as if she didn't really want to return. Huh.. Flint wondered. He soared down to the hut anyway.

    "Queen Glory!" he announced, flying past the long line of RainWings. The Queen looked up from who she was talking to.

    "Wha- Flower!" she cut herself off, leaping off of her "throne" to grab the dragonet and trap her in a fierce hug.

    "Noo! I wanna stay with him!" the small Princess exclaimed, pointing at Flint. Queen Glory lightly gasped and Flint's eyes widened with surprise. The RainWing Queen looked up at him in confusion. Flint shrugged, just as puzzled as she was.

    "Well you're going to have to stay here, sweetie," Queen Glory told her daughter. Princess Flower looked longingly back at Flint as her mother carried her into another room. When Queen Glory came back out, she quickly thanked Flint.

    "Anytime.." Flint chuckled with uncertainty. Flying away, he began to wonder.. What was that all about? Why would she rather stay with me then her own family..? I wonder. . . . . . ?