Chapter 80: Dawning A Wicked Grin

Queen Anarchy, unlike most of the other dragons there, perked up, golden eyes wide and alight from a bright spark of anger directed toward the dragon who had stolen her kingdom. She snorted out of her nose, causing a plume of smoke to rise into the night air.

     Amidst the chaos of the non-consenting army trying to act as if they hadn't been doing anything, nobody seemed to notice the second ghostly figure appear beside Force. Wait.. who is that..? The Queen narrowed her eyes into a squint, attempting to make out who the other dragon was.

     They looked to be.. a SandWing.. average looking with an almost tan scale color. Once the duo had come a little ways closer, Queen Anarchy realized that the mystery SandWing was a male.

     She was so intent on staring at the SandWing that she barely noticed the army around her until it became dead silent. The noise didn't just steadily decrease, it was just as if someone had snapped their claws and poof. Gone.

     Anarchy felt a chill crawl down her spine at this absolute absence of sound. She dreaded turning around, but she knew she would have to eventually... She squeezed her eyes closed, forcing herself to turn towards the group.

     Oh.. when I open my eyes, they'll all be dead, won't they..? she thought with a strong pang of pure terror. Her eyelids felt heavy, but not in the sense that she was tired.. She really didn't want to see what was in front of her, and apparently her eyelids didn't want her to either.

     But alas, she was the Queen of the SkyWings, so she had to act like it. No more cowering away.. With what felt like great effort, she flicked her eyes open.

     AHHHHHHHHH! she thought, flinching, though somehow never making a peep. It.. wasn't as bad as she was expecting.. nobody seemed to be dead.. but...

    "I betcha I scared her!" an elated Force chirped, turning to face her mysterious companion with the only real smile Anarchy had ever seen on the ShadowWing's face. The Queen blinked, raising her eyebrows in astonishment.

    "I bet..!" the SandWing replied in a voice and expression that seemed to be layered. At surface level, is was kind, but underneath the sweetness, there was a certain sadness in his eyes that Anarchy weirdly related with. There was also definitely pain and aching far beyond his years in age, she could just tell by the way he was standing.

    "Oh, right, I have to introduce you to.. them," Force stated awkwardly, catching the confused expressions on some of the guards' faces. She straightened her face to be mostly expressionless, minus the obvious frown.

    "This-" she gestured to the SandWing with her right wing "-is Tanner. I like him. He is my new mate, and will be traveling with us from now on. I expect you all to treat him like the royalty that he now is. Tanner... Anarchy's mind quietly regarded. That name.. is familiar to me... I just can't place my claw on it...

     She turned her gaze to the SandWing just as he was blushing from the embarrassment of Force's announcement. Force just awkwardly stood there on the heightened dune before forcing a cough.

    "And also, we will be moving forward in our journey to the ShadowWing Kingdom. Right now. Get up." The order must have triggered the being.. controlled.. eh.. thing.. (Or whatever you call it, I have more important things on my mind at the moment.. Anarchy thought indignantly.), because the entire army un-consentingly stood, quietly grumbling about their sore wings from the entire day of flying before.

     Not long after the order, the scarlet cloud of mostly sky dragons was already beginning to fly onward. It took many grueling, tedious hours of flying, but eventually, the starlight speckling of torchlight through building windows appeared over the mountain ridge.

    "There it is.. my quaint little town..." Force announced softly, trailing off, only to continue a moment later. "So quiet.. so serene.. but it won't be for much longer..!" 

     She narrowed her gaze at the flickering lights in the canyons, dawning the wickedest grin Queen Anarchy had ever laid eyes on. 

     Well

     Well.. except Redwood's... she thought blankly, staring off into the distance as she feared what was to come of her Kingdom.