Chapter 46: The Badass Trio

"Before we chase after Mightyroar, we have another thing to deal with," RedRunner admitted, gesturing to Princess Anarchy with his tail.

    "Wait what?" Flint asked cautiously. It was actually quite funny how that guard acted around her. Sometimes Princess Anarchy found it sweet that Flint would defend her from anything or one. He would also nervously fidget with his claws and breath faster when he was near her.

     The Princess stayed silent.

    "We can't have her snitching on u- I mean.. me.." RedRunner commented.

    "Then we can take her with us," Flint said stubbornly. RedRunner rolled his eyes.

    "That was my exact plan.." he sighed.

    "Oh. Let's do it then! You have the key, don't you? And the guards will be coming back from their break any minute now," Flint replied.

    "Hell yeah! Get me outta this shit-hole!" the Princess agreed.

    "Then it's decided," Flint announced, snatching the key from his brother. RedRunner made no protest.

     The Firescales quietly unlocked her cage , Princess Anarchy bursting out as soon as she heard the click.

    "C'mon slowpokes, let's go to the Rainforest!" she called, shooting up the tunnel to the Sunroom.

     The trio escaped the palace with no repercussions. Oh, except for the entire force of SandWings that Queen Redwood sent after them. That's right. Queen Redwood. Apparently she had reclaimed the throne and now Princess Ruby was sent to the edge of the Sky Kingdom for patrolling the border.

     Anyway, the badass Flint, RedRunner, and Princess Anarchy slaughtered the entire squadron of desert dragons, then continued their journey through the Sand Kingdom toward the Rainforest Kingdom.

    "Oh dear MOONS it's scorching!" RedRunner panted. Both Flint and Princess Anarchy, who had Firescales so the heat didn't affect them, turned their heads to stare at him.

    "Never mind..." he muttered, shielding his face from the sun.

    "And it's only dawn!" the Princess exclaimed, pointing to the beautiful sunrise.

     Sunrise... that would be a beautiful name for a dragonet, she thought, glancing at Flint for some reason. She frowned, looking ahead again.

    "Wait is that.." the Princess asked, squinting. On the horizon, they could faintly see the lush green of the rainforest.

    "Yay we're almost there!" RedRunner sighed.

    "It's just like that Field Trip we went on back when we were in school," the Princess commented.

    "Except that was for fun. This trip is to save Feather's life," Flint offered grimly. The other two murmured in agreement.