Chapter 55: Zephyr?

Admiral Kenobi continued digging through the files. Come on! It's gotta be here somewhere! He was becoming annoyed at this point, sometimes even violently throwing the wrong files across the room. He was about to do so again when he felt a talon come to rest on his shoulder.

    "Pink-Lemonade!" the Admiral exclaimed, whipping his head around to see the tribrid. She smiled, wingtips fading to a soft pink color.

    "What are you doing?" she questioned, looking around the floor to see all of the disposed files. Admiral Kenobi sighed, glancing back to the filing cabinet he was looking through before.

    "I overheard Flint and RedRunner talking about how Heron whispered something to Sear that made her cry," he admitted. "I promised to search for info about Heron."

    "Heron..." Pink-Lemonade mumbled. "Isn't he the father of that one outpost guard? Zephyr I think his name was?" The Admiral widened his eyes.

    "Huh.."

    "That can't be important, can it?" she asked. Admiral Kenobi turned back toward the open drawer he was digging through.

    "We'll see.." he muttered, digging deeper. There was a silence filled with paper shuffling.

    "Aha!" he suddenly announced, raising a file in the air with triumph. Pink-Lemonade gave him a confused glance.

    "It's Heron's guard license and degree," the Admiral explained, removing the fragile contents from the folder.

    "Why doesn't he have that?" the tribrid asked, raising an eyebrow at the papers. "And why are they paper?"

    "Uh.. I don't know actually.. but I do remember that back then, they used to make diplomas out of paper. They started making them in steel when my father accidentally burnt his," Admiral Kenobi informed her. She shrugged as he took a closer look at the papers.

SkyWing Guard License

NAME:_Heron_Scaleson______________

AGE:_34___________________________

PARENT/GUARDIAN:_Taylor_Scaleson__________

OFFSPRING:_Zephyr_Scaleson________

Picture:

    Huh.. Admiral Kenobi thought, turning to the diploma.

DIPLOMA

S.A.B.I.G. Palace Guards Program

SkyWings

Always

Become

Important

Guards

Student Name:_Heron_Scaleson______

Basic Training:_Given_under_our_hands_and_the_seal_of_the_corporation_on_the_fifth_ day_of_the_seventh_month._______

Student ID: 874902

Certificate Number: 3472569

    "None of this is much help," the Admiral snorted, scrunching his snout with irritation. Pink-Lemonade flicked her barbed tail in response.

    "Maybe Sear and Heron or his son knew each other," she offered, her tone suggesting that she was about as confused as him.

    "Yeah... maybe..." Admiral Kenobi replied slowly.