Chapter 45: "Welp. Shit."

[While writing this, mom was telling me to put my clothes away, and I said, "Just a sec."  She replied with, "I've given you lots of secs." Now I'm dying of laughter.]

     What event had led up to this moment? This separation.. this.. betrayal between brothers, twins, no less? Where they stood face-to-face, feuded between their loves. RedRunner was to assassinate Princess Anarchy to save his love, Feather, but Flint doesn't know this. For all he could tell, RedRunner had betrayed him and was just about to assassinate the Princess. The most important dragon to Flint thus far.

    "Flint! It-it's not what it looks like..!" RedRunner gasped. Flint looked away, bowing his head.

    "Like what? Like you are betraying m- the kingdom by trying to assassinate the Princess?" Flint growled. RedRunner lowered his gaze. Princess Anarchy, who had woken up sometime in the commotion, sat there, silently staring and listening to the argument.

    "I trusted you," Flint snapped, breaking the silence. RedRunner winced.

    "But I was a fool to," he scoffed.

    "Flint, could I please explain-?" RedRunner pleaded. Flint narrowed his eyes at his brother. Drawing his wings back in, Flint offered, "I'll give you 2- no, 3 minutes." RedRunner nodded before plunging into the story.

     As the story went on, Flint started to understand, and became less angry.

    "...and so, I had to try. For Feather.." RedRunner concluded. The Princess, who had heard the whole story, had an expression of horror written across her face. Flint also noticed that RedRunner had been careful to not reveal that he had any part in this though, just a kind gesture for him and his chances with Princess Anarchy. He silently thanked him for this.

     Flint frowned, staring at the floor in thought. Ohhhh.. why, Mother, Father, WHY MUST YOU MAKE OUR LIFE A LIVING HELL?!

    "We've gotta find Mightyroar and make a plan," Flint decided, rubbing his temples.

    "U-uh.." his brother stuttered.

    "Huh? What is it?" Flint asked, looking up at the scarlet SkyWing.

    "Well.. I've to get back to Mother and Father before tomorrow's nightfall-"

    "So?" Flint interjected.

    "And I last saw Mightyroar telling the Queen that he was going to fly back to the Rainforest Kingdom to be with his wife," RedRunner finished with a wince. The room was silent until Flint spoke up.

    "Welp. Shit."