Chapter 83: A Rising Darkness

Queen Anarchy stared at the ground, blinking rapidly. She didn't know what to do. She was at a loss. She felt as if she felt like she had let her entire Kingdom down, and she didn't know how to make it up.

     The entire disruption was just horrible. They were all being controlled by some random dragon from a tribe that they didn't even know existed, there was seemingly no way to get out other than maybe killing her, and there was going to be a war mere hours away.

     At the thought of war, her mind drifted to the war that the SkyWings had been having with the IceWings for several years now. They had a truce for the time being, but with the entire SkyWing army gone, the IceWings could easily invade the Sky Kingdom.

     She became even more worried when she realized that her youngest sister, Grouse, wasn't in their ranks, and that her mother was bound to arrive at the Palace soon.

     Had Force posted guards at the Sky Palace with orders to catch and imprison any non-controlled dragon they came across? The Queen shivered at the thought.

     Glancing up from her talons, Queen Anarchy's gaze landed on her little sister, Princess Blaze. She let out a sigh. Even though Blaze could be a prick sometimes, Anarchy still loved her sister as much as any SkyWing loves the sky.

     Her mind trailed off, eventually going blank, and her gaze began to wearily wander across all of the dragons in the cavern. A guard here, a servant there.. all dragons with their own lifes that had been disrupted by something that had nothing to do with them.

     So many innocent civilians unwillingly fighting and dying in a battle caused by a dragon that they hadn't even known existed... All with families that would be devastated to hear of the loss and its conditions.

     But by far, the Queen herself had to be the most worried. Her entire Kingdom was at stake, and if they didn't win the war, if they didn't fight to make it through this, there would be dark times ahead...