Chapter 42: I... Don't Think That's How Trial Works...

[Bonjour. I'd like to inform y'all that I'm going to have these before-chapter A/N notes in bold from now on. Anyway, enjoy!]

     Flint had followed the group a short while after he was done arguing with Mightyroar.

    "Don't tell them!"

    "Do tell them!"

    "Don't tell them!"

    "Do tell them!"

    "ALRIGHT I'M DONE. I have to get to the trial," Flint retorted, launching in the air and soaring through the exit tunnel.

    "Don't worry, your secret isn't save with me!" Mightyroar called after him. Well.. that bastard better stay quiet or I'll stretch him out across Pyrriah, make it acid rain on him, then wring him out before feeding him to some electric eels.. Flint's mind grumbled.

     Mightyroar, who had begun to follow Flint, barked a laugh. I WILL IF I HAVE TO!

     Flying down to the arena where the trial was being held, he sat on one of the raised stone daises by the royaltys' overview. They were just in time to hear Queen Ruby announcing that the Princess would be set free, but she would be banished from the Sky Kingdom, and that she would disown her. Phew, well, at least she'll be okay, Flint sighed internally.

    "But she's insane! She attacked me for no reason!" Lady Redwood protested melodramatically, flaring her wings. If glares could kill, the glare Princess Anarchy gave Lady Redwood would have impaled her on a stick before scattering her entrails all across the top of the palace for the crows to slowly pick apart and decay into nothing as maggots ate the rest. Quite colorful, Flint snorted.

    "Wow," Mightyroar commented. Flint shrugged.

    "I'm sorry she can't-" Queen Ruby started, being cut off by Lady Redwood ordering, "Guards! Lock her up again!" Flint took a step forward as the other guards surrounded the growling Princess, but Mightyroar blocked him with his wing. Flint stopped before touching his friend's dark, starry wing.

     As he was looking on as the guards dragged a struggling Princess Anarchy back to the palace, Flint swore he saw RedRunner flying into it as well. But- didn't he have another date with Feather-? Flint wondered.

    "If he did, looks like either she didn't show up, or he left. Either way, can't be good," Mightyroar commented with concern.

    "You saw him too?" Flint asked. Mightyroar nodded. Flint frowned.

    "Neither Feather nor RedRunner himself would abandon one another. I know how deep their love for each other runs," Mightyroar commented, also slightly frowning.

    "So what could he be up to?" Flint asked.

"Why not go find out?" the NightWing offered optimistically, leaping into the air. Flint reluctantly followed. Well, this was a great day with all of this love but none for me! Flint thought sarcastically, rolling his eyes. Mightyroar snickered, glancing back at him. DAMMIT, I ALWAYS FORGET HE CAN READ MINDS!