Dinner Together (pt.2)

I and Johan began to prepare dinner. I went to the table where I placed the macaroni packet and cheese. I noticed another white bag. I opened it and found 4 rice cakes, well 4 half-rotten rice cakes.
"My precious rice cake, I forgot about them" I cried.

"Rice cakes?" Johan was confused.

"Yes, I brought it for you and me yesterday and I forgot to eat it"

"She brought food for me too?" Johan arched an eyebrow.

"It's fine, I will throw it out," Johan said.

"Alright," I answered.

"So, yes let's start making mac and cheese" I took a bottle of milk from the fridge, poured into a vessel and placed it on the stove and begun to heat it. Then I placed another vessel with water to cook the macaroni. I waited for the water to come to a boil and then added a cup of macaroni and added salt and closed it with a lid.

I saw Johan seated on the dining chair staring at me.
"Why is he staring at me, it's creepy" I internally cried.

I remembered that I wanted to ask him why he refused to admit that he's my bodyguard to Vasco that day.

"Johan, why didn't you say that you're my bodyguard to Vasco?" I asked him out of the blue.

"Because that's what I was ordered to do" he answered without any hesitation.

His answer didn't satisfy me "Who?"

"Mr Charles"

"Oh okay," When I heard that name I turned away abruptly.

Johan felt suspicious when she didn't ask him anything further about her father. He didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable by asking any questions about her father so he remained quiet.

"Oh great! The macaronies are cooked" I said as I opened the lid of the vessel and drained off the water with a strainer and added the macaronies into the milk and after few minutes I added grated cheese into it and mixed them well.

"Tada! It's ready" I squealed. I took two plates and placed them on the dining table. Johan and I sat down on our chairs and I served him the food.

"How's it?" I asked.

Johan took a spoonful of Marconi and stuffed it in his mouth "It's good".

"Really?" I tasted the food and something was missing but I didn't know what was it but I just enjoyed what was on my plate.

There was complete silence while eating our dinner. I wanted to start a conversation but about what? I didn't know anything about his dislikes or likes. So I thought it would be a great topic.

"Johan"

"Yes?" He responded.

"What're your likes and dislikes," I asked him munching my food.

He looked at me "Why do you want to know?"

"To get to know each other better" I shrugged. "It's alright if you don't want to talk about it"

"Like you never like to talk about anything," I thought.

"About my likes, I like my dog Eden and that's it" He paused. I waited for him to continue the conversation he paused but his face went gloomy "And my dislikes there are so many things that I don't like it's hard to mention them"

I felt a sad aurora from his voice "It's fine you know, you don't have to think about it" I smiled.

"What are your likes and dislikes?" He asked with a curious look on his face.

I was surprised when he asked something about me because he hasn't asked anything much about me. "Oh, well my likes are animes, food, sleep and sometimes I like to go the church-

"The church?" Johan interrupted me.

"Yes, I like to pray and you know I feel it gives me hope" I smiled.

"Church and hope huh? I used to be like that" Johan thought to himself sarcastically.

I was waiting for Johan to say something but he didn't say anything after that so I continued "My dislikes are...Well, I don't know about them but whenever I come across something I dislike I try my best to ignore it"

"Ignore?" Johan looked at me.

"You see, people get stressed out to see or go through something they dislike, the best we can do when we see it is to ignore and when we are going through it we should never let it bring us down because we are stronger than our dislikes," I said as I was fiddling with my fork.

Johan was surprised "I see" he murmured.

I felt embarrassed that I sprouted out all of these out of my mouth without thinking. "I'm sorry I think it doesn't make any sense" I prompted.

"It's fine, you just told me what you felt,". Johan looked at my face, he noticed that I had some cheese at the corner of my lips. "You have something there" he pointed out with his index finger at my lips.

I raised my finger to my lips "Huh? Here?" I rubbed slightly on the corner of my lips but the cheese didn't go off.

Johan stood up from his chair and leaned forward towards me across the table and raised his hands to the corner of my lips and swiped off the cheese with his finger.

My face became red, he was too close to my face. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears.

"J..Johan what're you doing" I leaned back from him.

He sat back down on his chair "You had cheese on the corner of your lips" he answered.

"Okay... Just stop coming too close to me all of a sudden" I blushed but I bent my head down so he wouldn't notice it. 

We finished our dinner and kept our plates in the sink and cleaned the table. Johan also helped me to wash the plates. As I observed him I felt that he was hiding his true emotions.

Then again all this time Johan didn't talk that much. It was like he was resisting himself from it. I wanted him to feel free around me so he wouldn't feel lonely or anything.

After half an hour Johan insisted that he will head back to his apartment. When he was about to leave he faced me and said
"Thank you Y/N"

I grinned "it's alright!"

Johan went into his apartment and closed the door. I did the same too. I turned off the lights and went to my bed. But when I closed my eyes I remembered Johan's pretty brown eyes close to my face. I don't know why it made me feel good. There was an aching in me to know more about Johan. It was the same I felt with Daniel he was hiding something too.

After all, everyone has an untold story of their own.