Daniel's past

It was cold and breezy outside. Daniel and I slowly walked out on the pathway.
The moon shone brightly in the sky accompanied by the twinkling stars.

"The stars are so pretty," I said gazing at the night sky.

"Hmm, yeah like you," Daniel commented as he held contact with my eyes.

I looked away from him and lowered my gaze and chuckled trying not to make an awkward situation between us. I knew he was a little drunk and that's why he sprouted those words unconsciously.

"So, how was your day?" I asked him to break the silence.

"It was good. You?"

"Same."

Again there the atmosphere was filled with silence. I was thinking of asking something about him that can stir up a conversation between us.

"So how's your friend Daniel?" I asked looking at him.

"He's fine."

I laughed and said "Just Imagine you're going to make someone your friend. You walk up to them and ask them what's your name and they say Daniel and then you reply with 'same'. It's funny isn't it?"

"Yeah..." Daniel responded in a monotone which clearly showed me that he wasn't impressed by my joke.

I was embarrassed for making a horrible joke and laughing at my joke. Then again silence filled the atmosphere. I was waiting for him to say something even though he was drunk and unconscious.

And gladly he did.
"Y/N... Can I tell you something?" Daniel subdued.

I nodded with a curious look on my face "Yeah sure."

"I haven't said this to anyone but I want to share it with someone. It is hurting me to keep it with myself." Daniel mumbled with his gaze getting lower and lower.

I held his hand trying to comfort him. "You can tell me, Daniel." I smiled warmly at him.

"So...Y/N." Daniel began mumbling.
"Three years ago I met with an accident."

My stomach dropped when he mentioned this to me.
"Daniel I'm so-" Daniel covered my mouth with his palm before I could complete my sentence and said
"Shh... Y/N don't utter a word until I finish."

I could smell the odour of alcohol from his mouth as he leaned closer to me to cover my mouth.

I nodded my head and he released me from the grip of his hand.

Daniel sighed and began
"A truck threw me over and I fell on the road unconscious, hearing the noises of people, watching people running to me, asking me whether I can respond and all I remember was chaos." Daniel paused leaving me speechless.
"Then I woke up in a hospital. I was trying to recollect what happened but I didn't remember anything. Anything at all. I saw my head and body being plastered with bandages. IV drips attached to my hand. I sat there clueless about anything."

"Then I saw a man dressed up as a doctor walk into the room. He looked at me and smiled. He told that he was happy and surprised that I survived. He sat beside me and looked at me with his eyes looking at mine. He told me that..." Daniel paused again as he intertwined my hands with his.

"That I was in a coma for past three days."

I felt like a huge rock fell on my head. I wasn't able to speak up. My body shivered when I heard what Daniel said.

"He told me that my hippocampus was damaged and I have lost memory of my past. It made sense why I didn't remember anything at all. He also told me that I can regain my memories but it will take time. It can even take ages for me to regain my memory." Daniel concluded his past incident.

I rested my head on his shoulder. Trying to comfort him.
"Can I speak now?" I politely asked him.

He nodded in response.

"I'm sorry for what happened to you." I consoled him. "I don't know what to say, to be honest, but all I know is that you will regain your memory very soon trust me." I smiled at him.
"So what did your parents do?"

"Nobody came to claim me from the hospital Y/N. I waited and waited for someone to come and take me home but no one did." Daniel mumbled gazing at the ground.

"What then who's paying your school fee?" I squinted my eyes.

"Daniel took me in."

I took my head from his shoulder and gave him a confused look.

He looked at me and continued "I was homeless. On a cold night, I was sleeping on the pathway. Laying down there shivering in the cold. That's when Daniel approached me and took me in. He told me that he can supply all my needs but all I needed to do was have to pretend I was him out at school and all other surroundings connected to it."

"Daniel!" I took my hands off and looked at him confused and startled. I was still trying to process it. Every moment I spent with him flashed in my mind back and forth.

"Daniel what you're doing is fraudulent and you can be punished for this."

"Not if I don't get caught." Daniel smiled

"Are you out of your mind?"

Daniel looked at me with his calm black eyes, his face shining brightly under the moonlight, "Y/N there are many cases where people study for someone else in their name and graduate for them."

I couldn't say anything about that but I couldn't believe what I just heard.

"Y/N..." Daniel mumbled my name.
I turned my attention to him.

"Please don't tell this to anyone I trust you."
.
.
.
.
Hey I hoped you enjoyed this chapter . I know this a bit different from the webtoon but I wanted to add something new and connect it with the webtoon story lol. And btw thank y'all for 3k readers
(╥﹏╥). I love you all♡.