Ch40| FBDL

Anastasia's POV 

It's now been a week since the talk with Alec, and so far things have gone alright. Not too fast and not too slow.

Today I'm taking care of all of the kids. That means Elle, Jess, Diana, Sienna, and Rihanna. I decided to look after them so the guys could get some mafia work done. Violet...she's resting upstairs since she hasn't rested in a while, and I was free and happy to take care of these kids.

"Alright, so do you guys want to watch a movie or play tag out in the backyard?" I asked them as I sat up with Jess on my hip and Rihanna on my other hip.

"Tag!" They yelled as I chuckled. "Alright, then let's go!" I exclaimed as we all ran towards the backyard. I put Rihanna down so she could run. There was a little girl swinging near where the kids were playing, so I sat Jess in it and pushed her gently. She had a goofy grin on her face as I chuckled.

The kids tagged me, so I ran and tagged Diana. They all giggled and laughed as I twirled Diana around.

• • •

2 and a half hours later...

We all went inside the house, tired. They had red, rosy cheeks from the running. I chuckled as they all fell to the ground.

"Alright girlies. Take off your socks, so when you bathe, that one will be a problem," I told them as I cradled Jess. "I'll be right back to watch a movie, ok? I'll go bathe Jess and put her to bed," I told them as they nodded and turned on the TV.

"Aren't you a lovely dove?" I said as I gently poked Jess's little nose. She giggled and splashed in the water. I chuckled as she squinted her eyes so that no water could get into her eyes.

Once I was done bathing her, I wrapped her around a warm, fluffy red towel and made our way to the girl's room, where they have an extra crib. I change Jess into a white long-sleeve onesie and then take her over to the rocking chair.

I sat down and began rocking her while dining her a cute little lullaby mom used to sing to me. You are my sunshine. I smile as she lightly smiles with her eyes closed.

I kiss her forehead. "Dreams with angels, baby," I whisper as I set her down on the crib. I put the little blanket softly over half her body and put a little stuffy animal beside her.

I make my way towards the door and turn off the lamp. I slowly close the door behind me and make my way downstairs to the big girls.

I see them watching SpongeBob. "Alright girlies, it's time for baths," I said as they all smiled and came running to me. I smile and lead them upstairs to the bathrooms.

Once all the girls were bathed and changed, I took them to the kid's guest room, which contained many bunk beds and a few toys and books.

"Can you read us a story, please?" I asked Sienna as I nodded my head and grabbed a book. I tucked all the girls in and kissed their heads. I began reading the book with a gentle voice.

After about 10 minutes into the reading, the girls fell asleep. I get up, put the book back where it was, and make my way to the door. I look back and make sure they are well. I quietly close the door behind me and make my way downstairs.

There, I pick up a few of the toys and put them away. I make my way to the wine pantry. Roe has a lot of wine. I grabbed the Pinot Noir wine and a wine cup. I pour some in and put the wine bottle back in its slot, then head outside.

I sat on one of the cushioned chairs and looked towards the city lights. I love the view. Rose's house was on a hilltop; I would love to live in a house with a massive view of the city. All that could be seen were the lights and a plane flying up.