chapter 17 - windchimes

The sun had just risen as Maeve shuffled around waking up in JJ's arms. She looked at him placing small gentle kisses along his arm. He stirred awake looking at the small girl laying on him. "you're beautiful" she whispered making JJ blush. "come on we got to get going" she smiled before getting up hearing JJ groan.

At the Chateau the four teens began work on a machine that could extract the gold as they waited for John B and Sarah. "bro what is taking them so long?" JJ muttered as Kie was lifted in the machine. In perfect timing to JJ's question John B rocked up, but something was different. He ran into the house rushing around before he pulled the gun out of the couch. "John B what the hell do you need that for?" they all began rushing him with answers that he wasn't too keen on answering. In an attempt to stop him JJ was pushed onto the floor as John B rushed out of the house getting on JJ's bike. Maeve helped JJ up as he grabbed her hand running out to the bike. "Ward knows about the gold; he killed my dad" John B stated before zooming off. They all stood there stunned. "shit" JJ moaned.

The pogues were now stood there on a boat looking at Tanny hill. "what do we do now just walk up and ask for john B" JJ asked. "look we can play dumb" Kie exclaimed. "Pay dumb?" JJ repeated. "it's pretty late" Pope chimed in. "I've never seen john B like that" Maeve put out there. "hey I see Ward" Pope claimed. "lets go home" Pope said quickly clearly caring about his interview. "our friend is in trouble" Kie said. "I'm in trouble" Pope yelled as they began to bicker back and forth. "guys bring it down" JJ tried to interrupt. It began to get physical causing JJ to step in "hey if I'm mediating its really rock bottom" JJ said as they all jumped in the boat. "I'll drop you home Pope" JJ said as they climbed in JJ helping Maeve get in. "who would've thought we are the most stable" Maeve whispered to JJ causing him to smile a bit before he tapped her bum as she got in the boat. She turned around swatting his hand away smiling. She sat down feeling the awkward tension as she coughed a bit eyeing JJ to drive.

The next morning JJ and Maeve were sitting outside on her porch, Maeve was tucked under JJ's arm as the windchimes were making noise along with the soft music in the background creating a peaceful bliss between the two. "this is perfect" JJ whispered kissing Maeve's head. Maeve got up standing in front of the boy "dance with me" she smiled holding out her hand. JJ grabbed her hand as she pulled him up, he held her waist as they started swaying along to the music. "I could do this forever" she said looking up into his eyes. JJ responded by pulling her into a kiss. It was a perfect moment."Yo lovebirds" Kie yelled as she approached the couple. "have you seen John B?" she asked hopefully. JJ groaned as Maeve pulled away with a look of concern before she saw him "turn around" she said. John B was walking around towards the house with a defeated look.

"it's gone, Ward got the gold" He yelled as he kicked a tree taking off his cast. "whatever it's not like I expected a happy ending or anything" He muttered laying on the porch swing that Maeve and JJ were just enjoying. They all sat around listening to the peaceful nature before they heard yelling "Guys, guys, guys oh god I ran all the way here, I thought you'd be at John B's" Pope ran down to them. "how was the interview" they asked. "JB, I have info that is tactically relevant, my dad got a call about a plane strip to cut palms for Cameron's big plane it needed a longer air strip and I started thinking, Hm. Why would he need a longer air strip to take off? What could be so heavy to weigh it down?" Pope rambled. "gold" JB muttered. "so what's the plan" JJ asked. "we steal it back" John B said suddenly a lot happier. "let's go" Maeve yelled.

Now in the bus JJ started rambling on as everyone joined. Maeve just looked at her friends smiling, they were doing this. They all sat at the fence watching as they saw Sarah get out of the car. "she's with him?" Pope muttered. "he's hurting her" John B freaked out "what" they all said in sync. John B started getting in the van and drove through the fence "what are you doing" they yelled out for him, but he wasn't stopping. He was on the airstrip chasing the plane. "shit JJ" Maeve muttered looking at him panicked. "it's ok come here" he said as he pulled her in. They heard sirens. "I can't get arrested" Pope muttered. "I'm on probation" JJ said. "look we are no good if we are in jail" Maeve said Kie agreeing. They sprinted off leaving John B in hopes that he would make it out. JJ sprinted looking behind making sure Maeve was close behind he ran to her a bit grabbing her had "come on" he muttered.