chapter 1 - the beginning

We're the pogues, our mission this summer is to have a good time all the time.

Maeve sat on the edge of the house as the other Pogue's were talking, she'd blanked out from their conversation as she stared at the view. "don't spill that beer" she heard JJ yell out to John B. Of course only 2 seconds later did she hear the beer hit the wood. "hey uh security's here" Pope noticed. They all started running JJ grabbing Maeve's hand winking "let's go" he said cheekily. They jumped into John B's van, JJ still hanging out the side "hey Gary, come on boy" JJ encouraged as Gary ran after them. "JJ stop" Kie said laughing as they drove off.

Outer Banks, two tribes one island. You have figure 8, side of the kooks clearly we don't live there. Then there's the south side known as 'the cut' home of the pogues. That's us. We basically do whatever whenever. You have JJ, best friend since 2nd grade. Best surfer probably on the island and a mild kleptomaniac and future tax fraud. He's been trying to get with Maeve since he met her, she is completely oblivious. Then we have Kiara or kie as we call her. She's a rich kid parents own the wreck. Don't really know why she hangs with us but we aren't complaining. Then there's Pope total brains of the operation, definitely smartest guy I know but also a weirdo. Then we have John B, also best friend since 2nd grade. Dad went missing 9 months ago in a shipwreck and definitely going through something.

Finally there's Maeve. Been a Pogue since birth. She's lived down the road from John B her whole life. Dad split when she was a kid and her mum has been gone for 2 months. She Hasn't told anyone though just been living alone trying to stay afloat and enjoy the summer with her fellow pogies.

Maeve is pronounced like - MAY - VE

A/N really short intro, but thanks for reading. I really hope y'all enjoy the book and found serious love in the show outer banks. cause legit the hottest cast ever!! love you guys 

jess XX