chapter 18 - i can't drive

As they were back at Pope's they saw the plane fly over them. "there goes the gold" JJ muttered. Pope completely flipped out breaking most things around him. "damn dude, I knew this would happen, a little weed never hurt anyone" JJ said holding out some blunts. "Pope you never smoke" Kie said. He lost everything, "I'm here for you Pope welcome to our world" JJ said as Pope took a smoke. Just as he did John B turned up. "dude you okay?" JJ yelled. "you good?" Maeve questioned. They heard sirens immediately ducking.

"John B what are we doing at the police station?" JJ questioned as he pulled up. "somebodies got to tell em what happened" JB claimed. "I'm gonna be real with you right now, never trust a cop my old man said" JJ said. "you're old man? JJ not a great argument" Maeve said raising her eyebrows at him. "ok besides that point come on man" JJ continued. John B jumped out ignoring them going into the station. "JJ really, does he need that advice" Maeve said. "I was trying to help you know he needs my expert advice" JJ retorted. "ok well maybe we choose our timing yeah?" she looked at him. "yes ma'am" he saluted her. "shut up". "you two good?" Pope chocked on his smoke. "y'all are perfect" Kie said looking at Maeve. "of course we are, we're pogue royalty" JJ said very confidently. Just as they were talking John B came rushing out yelling to start the car.

"shit JB what did you do?" Maeve yelled as they escaped. "just go" he yelled trying to avoid the cops knocking on the car. "Rafe killed Peterkin, it all just happened. I was talking to Ward trying to help Sarah and then Peterkin arrested Ward but Rafe came out and shot her. But they're kooks so they blamed me" John B rushed out eyes darting to the teens listening intently. "this is how we die babe" JJ said looking at her. "lovely" she retorted. They sat hiding parked under a garage in the car. "ok so who are the police going to believe. Ward Cameron? Or us?" JJ started talking. "we need to get out" JJ said "Come on John B Sarah won't rat out her family, seriously you need to be safe" Maeve said staring at him. "the ferry man, before the island is on lockdown" Pope said. "just get down" Kie said as police cars zoomed past.

Pope walked back after seeing a paper "ok so the ferry is closed and this" Pope said handing in a paper with large reward over a picture of John B's face. "ok ok we can do this" Maeve said looking at JJ. "Pope he needs a boat" she said "JJ does your dad still have that boat? The phantom?" Pope asked. "maybe we can get up the cost easy" Pope claimed. "it's not that easy, I don't know where the keys are" JJ said. "well find them" he retorted quickly. "Pope chill JJ's trying" Maeve spoke up for him. Pope started honking the car until people started realising they were in the car. "go Pope go" they all started yelling. Pope started driving recklessly before stopping abruptly. "get out John B, we'll trace the cops" they said as he clambered out. "shit" Maeve muttered freaking out a bit at the situation.

"Pull over" Maeve yelled at Pope. JJ chuckled a bit as she opened Pope's door "JJ he shouldn't be driving" she said as she got in the driver's seat. "baby's mad" he said as Kie gave him a smack "really" Kie said looking at him. "get out" Maeve said as they got to the Cameron's. "We got to get Sarah she can get JB, you two go ok" Maeve said looking at Pope and Kie. Kie and Pope got back to the car. "look we're just going to have to wait it out somewhere ok" Kie said as they got back in the car. "you know as I'm driving I realised I do not have a license" Maeve said. "Maeve! Seriously" Kie yelled. "I mean I know how to drive JJ taught me but like it's illegal" she muttered, "look how much more trouble could we get in" she said. "ok sweet lets go back" Maeve said as they went to her house.