chapter 5 - mothers

Maeve went back to her house, but Pope was following her. "Maeve come on we need to talk" Pope tried to convince her. "I don't want to" she responded as she went back into her house, but Pope followed. "Pope seriously leave" Maeve yelled. "Nowhere is your mum anytime she's mentioned you literally lose emotions" Pope said trying to get her to talk. "my mum is asleep in her room so be quite" She responded. "we both know that's a lie" Pope yelled as he ran pass her towards her mother's room, Maeve followed trying to pull him back and stop him. 

As Pope opened the door it was empty like a hotel room no evidence that someone had actually lived there. "Maeve, where is all of your mum's stuff?" Pope asked. "more like where is my mum" Maeve scoffed. Maeve turned around going to her kitchen Pope following closely. "Pope you can't tell the others, not yet anyway" Maeve pleaded. "sure I promise, but Maeve when did she leave?" he questioned, "two months ago" Maeve started crying Pope pulled her into a hug. At this the front door opened wide revealing a very confused JJ. "uh what's happening here?" JJ questioned. "uh nothing" Maeve pulled away wiping her tears. "are you crying? What's wrong?" JJ interrogated her. "seriously JJ I'm just stressed with everything, John B could get taken away" Maeve lied. "well it's going to be okay Maeve" JJ laughed as he pulled her into a hug. "let's just get some rest okay" JJ muttered. "yeah sure, thanks Pope" Maeve smiled at the boy. "promise okay" Pope responded.

Next morning JJ woke up to an empty bed walking downstairs seeing Maeve sitting there. "did you sleep?" he asked. "no" Maeve whispered in response. "well ok then, let's go have some fun". JJ pulled Maeve with him as they walked to John B's house. JJ banged on the door "DCS" he yelled before jumping at the window scaring John B, maeve laughed. They got into the bus as JJ and John B had a conversation about Kiara's love for John B. Maeve tuned out as she became disinterested. "as if you aren't always crushing on Maeve" John B said. "dude shut up" JJ whispered looking back at Maeve who was oblivious. "that door is not open" JJ said. "trust me from what I've seen it isn't" John B claimed. "what do you mean" JJ asked. "well it's not like she stops you from flirting with her and you touching her all the time like a couple" John B said to him. "well no pogue on pogue macking" JJ said in a sing song voice. "whose pogue on pogue macking" Maeve said scaring the boys. They arrived at Lana Grubbs house. "I'm going to stay here" Maeve claimed as the boys got out. "yeah sure" JJ said looking at John B.

Maeve was chilling in the bus as she saw the two guys from the boat that chased them. She ducked immediately waiting for JJ and John B to come back. When the door opened Maeve was relieved to see the boys faces "oh thank god" she breathed out. As soon as they got back to John B's JJ basically retold the story very dramatically that he just told Maeve in the car. Maeve looked at Pope who was staring at her. "what" she mouthed at him; he just shook his head. JJ watched them feeling jealousy and confusion by what was happening. They were interrupted as John B went inside to his dad's office they all followed. "I've just left it closed, he never opens it" John B said as he opened the door. John B started pointing to all the previous owners of the compass. "there's a recurring theme" JJ said. John B started taking apart the compass seeing Redfield, recognising his dad's handwriting. "maybe it's a clue" John B said. 

They started investigating as Maeve noticed a car pull up "shit, guys, GUYS somebodies here" Maeve yelled. "it's the guys" John B realised. "where's the gun" They asked JJ. "I don't have it, it's on the porch" JJ realised. "the one-time JJ" Maeve claimed. They instantly ran to the window trying to get it open. After struggling just in time they got the window open and ran outside towards the chicken coop. JJ pulled Maeve towards him pulling her into an embrace. The rooster kept on being extremely loud "shut it up idk talk to it" Kie said. JJ moved as he strangled the rooster. Maeve watched in horror crying JJ moved back towards her once it was dead. "im sorry he mouthed as she pulled him into her arms stroking his hair. Finally the two men left.