Chapter 24

"The members of our family, each of them is also very picky with food ah. I am considered the least picky. This farm was set up by my grandfather. He disliked the current overuse of chemicals on plants making them unsafe for consumption so he decided to get a piece of land and find some people to farm it. "

After breakfast, they rest for a while to wait for Jin to arrive before making their way to the farm. Jisoo drags Lisa to go in a separate car, saying she wants to say something private to her.

While she is driving, she smilingly explains to Lisa the history of the Jeon's family farm. "When grandpa was still alive, he used to always say, with this farm our family will have a grasp on 'land, agriculture, industry and commerce,' all four pillars of the economy."

Lisa curiously expresses her surprise. She can see that the family is involved in agriculture, commerce and industry but what about land?

Jisoo see her doubts and takes the initiative to explain: "Our family ancestors have been scholars all along. During the Ming Dynasty, they even managed to successively take up official posts. Then during the Qing Dynasty, they only changed to doing business." (Note: The Jeon family began as scholars. In the Ming dynasty, family members became imperial officials who owned land. This is when the Jeon family began their rise in wealth and power. Thus, the emphasis on "land" by grandfather Jeon.)

While Lisa is listening, she has a blank look. At first, she is under the impression that Boss's family is just rich only, but she did not expect they have such a long history. Her train of thoughts drifts for awhile, then Lisa suddenly remembers something.

"Uh, Jisoo, there's something I want to tell you. The person who gave you a blood transfusion the second time was not me. She is another Jeon Corporation's employee."

Lisa proceeds to explain the misunderstanding which happened at the company's annual party. Jisoo is somewhat surprised, thinks for a moment, then says: "Aiya, my brother didn't exactly lie to me because when I asked if it was you. He did not answer me so I just took it for granted, thinking it was you la."

She is a little angry, "He is probably afraid I'll send food to other people." While speaking, she glances at Lisa with a mischievous gleam in her eyes, "Oh, it seems that not just anybody can eat my family's food."

Lisa feels a sense of relief after explaining everything clearly. She can't be bother to ponder over Boss's motive since she can't see through it . Thus, Lisa pretends not to hear Jisoo's quip, and she asks with concern: "Didn't you just had a blood transfusion recently, are you okay to drive?"

"It is nothing, just a false alarm la. Anyway, the farm is very near, less than half an hour drive only."

Indeed, they did not drive long, Jisoo already says: "We have arrived."

Lisa looks out the window and sees a forest. After driving for a short period of time, she can see the farmland and pond. At the roadside, there are several blocks of double-story buildings. In front of those buildings, there are several people already waiting on a piece of empty land.

Jisoo is surprised and says: "How come Ji Eun is also here?"

***

After getting out of the car, a slim, tall and pretty girl with short hair approaches and smilingly says, "Jisoo."

Jisoo says: "Ji Eun, how come you are also here?"

Ji Eun smilingly says: "Jisoo, as you know, every year, the vegetables for my family's Lunar New Year Eve's dinner are from your family's farm so how come this year you are not willing to provide?"