Interesting Tidbits on Life After Marriage Part. 4

The Kumquat Tree
When Namjoon walks into the living room in the west wing, Lisa is sitting in front of the fireplace and holding her laptop to play games. On the screen is a beautiful scenery that looks real and the characters are gorgeous. It's Dreams of JiangHu II.

Dreams of JiangHu II has been available for more than two years, but it is still "hot". The number of people playing it continuously increase and it remains high on the list of major online games. As the wife of Boss who is an investor, Lisa is certainly also one of the loyal supporters.

Lisa sits on the thick carpet and leans against a soft cushion. On her left hand is a snack box, whereas on her right hand is a steaming hot grapefruit tea cup. Being near a warm fireplace, beating Boss and drinking tea in a cold and snowy winter day, this is indeed very cozy.

Namjoon walks in and announces: "Madam, eldest miss and uncle are here."

Whenever Lisa hears Namjoon says "madam," she will be very embarrassed. Of course Jin being called "uncle" is more embarrassing, but Namjoon is an elder belonging to the Jeon family's grandfather generation, so everyone has to respect his habits.

"Came so early?"

It is only noon now because in previous years, they would come over around four or five in the evening. Lisa puts the laptop down and happily stands up to welcome them. When she reaches the doorway of the west wing, she sees her smiling sister-in-law approaching her. She is carrying her son Jae and Jin who is holding a lush kumquat tree in a flower pot follows from behind.

"Happy Lunar New Year, good fortune to you."

"Wow, this kumquat tree looks pretty."

Lisa happily accepts the tree from Jin. Indeed, it is a very pretty kumquat tree. The golden colour fruits hanging between the shiny green leaves and branches. Each one round and lovely, giving a celebratory festive appearance.

Jisoo smiles: "We have come for a meal again la."

Each year, Jisoo always eats dinner on Lunar New Year's Eve with her big brother. Then, the next day they will fly to Jin's family home. This has become a routine these past few years.

Jae is a fair and tender baby. Seeing Lisa, he fiddles restlessly in his mother's arms and shouts: "Lili mama."

As he shouts, he opens his arms towards her for a hug.

Lisa's eyes immediately brighten. She puts the kumquat tree down and takes the cute baby from Jisoo. Then, she kisses the baby's chubby cheeks and walks off to find snacks for him to eat.

Jisoo and Jin casually sit down. Then, Jisoo looks around and asks: "Where's my big brother?"

"He just went upstairs to rest." Lisa gives the baby snacks while answering: "I'll call him to come down."

"That's all right." Jisoo quickly stops her, "We're not outsiders."

Lisa agrees so she does not insist. Big Boss is very pitiful, always particularly busy at the end of every year. In addition to focusing on the conglomerate's business matters, he also has to attend various social dinners. Hence, he is unable to rest properly until today.

Jin sees the online game in Lisa's laptop and can't help himself from looking more closely, "Is this Dreams of JiangHu II?"

"Yes."

"This game has very good reviews. It's a goldmine and the development company receives quite a bit of profit."

Jin shakes his head regretfully. In his opinion, the first Dreams of JiangHu already made a lot of money. If want to develop another new game, all that is needed is to make changes based on the original game. Jungkook conglomerate has the R&D capability to do that, so there is no need to cooperate with another company and share this piece of cake with them.