chapter two [UPDATED]

"Sei, your room is next to Fushiguro's and Itadori's."

Seiko's eyes traced the place, nodding her head in approval. "It's not bad."

The five were in the newcomer's new room, looking around the bare walls and bare furniture. Gojo attempted to shoo everyone else in the room away. "Go to bed, you three, I need to talk to Seiko." Before they could leave, he called out to them. "Don't forget, you guys will be on your own for tomorrow's mission!"

"What's our mission?" Megumi asked.

Gojo waved his hand as if he didn't care much about it. "You'll learn more tomorrow. Ijichi'll come by early, so be prepared." For the second time, he shooed the three teenagers away until it was just the two of them. He waved his hand, and the room soon became quiet to the outside world. "Finally, we can talk."

Seiko plopped down onto the ground, stretching a bit from side to side. "I'm not sure I'm ready to be attending school, now."

Gojo scoffed lightheartedly. "You had two years off, it's time you got back into shape."

"I don't want to learn," Seiko whined. 

"You're so dramatic," Gojo replied. He sat down beside her and pulled his blindfold off. "I don't even teach anything unless someone needs to learn a lesson or something. Which is usually Itadori, by the way."

Seiko sighed and thought of her three classmates. "Who's the strongest out of all three of them, anyways?"

"Itadori, most definitely." Gojo quickly told her the story of how he met Itadori. 

"No way," Seiko said with a raised eyebrow. "He's got guts, huh?"

Gojo nodded with a slight laugh. "Itadori is something else," he agreed. Gojo nudged Seiko with his leg. "Do you remember Megumi, at all?"

Seiko squinted and tried to remember the boy. "I think so. You came by with him once or twice, didn't you? I never really saw him, though. You-know-who always made me stay inside my room."

Gojo chuckled at the memory. "Yeah, I remember," he smiled. "Megumi's grown up well, though. He's pretty strong. I think you two would get along."

"Trying to set me up with your student?" Seiko teased.

Gojo lightly pushed her shoulder with his own. "I would never." He glanced down at his watch and stood up. "You should rest up. I'm sure you're tired."

As if to prove his words, Seiko yawned. "It's not that bad of a flight. Only three hours, or so."

Gojo ruffled her hair with a smile. "Go to sleep, Seiko."

Seiko watched Gojo exit the room, his blindfold back over his eyes. He waved one last time at her, and Seiko mirrored his actions. "Night, Satoru."

Now alone, Seiko let out a long sigh. She grabbed the black bag she had carelessly tossed to the side, dumping out its compartments on the wooden floor. 

The only thing she had brought was a few pairs of clothes, weapons, and daily life necessities. She placed everything snuggly in the closet's cabinets, leaving her pajamas and items on the desk. Seiko quickly grabbed those items, heading into her personal bathroom to shower quickly.