chapter eight.

Toudou lunged for Seiko and Megumi, throwing both of them into the wooden building behind them. Nobara gasped in worry, her eyes wide.

"Seiko! Fushiguro!"

Fushiguro placed his hand on the ground, sitting up. He glanced over at Seiko in worry, but it died down when he saw her standing up, wiping off the dust.

"Leave her out of this," Megumi said, glaring at Toudou. "Why are you fighting her, as well?"

"Hm, you shouldn't be talking, Fushiguro," Toudou said with a sigh. "I knew it as soon as I saw you, Fushiguro. I could tell you'd turn out to be a boring guy. But then, you should never judge a person just by their looks, isn't that right?" Tears started to pour down his face. "So I went out of my way to ask you the question, but you've just trampled on my kindness."

"Your head looks like a pineapple and you're about as smart as one too," Megumi replied in annoyance. Unsurprisingly, he soon became lost in his thoughts, which Seiko noticed he did rather often.

"So, what's your answer to Megumi-chan's first question?" Seiko asked, making her presence known again. She had to buy time, as Fushiguro didn't look very ready to be fighting as big of a person as Toudou was.

Toudou's tears disappeared as he smiled brightly at her. "Because. One of my rules of my perfect dream girl is they can't be weak: they must match my power, or at least have their look standards way over the expectation bar."

Seiko made a face. He was weird. "So, my looks don't reach that bar?"

He beamed. "No, they exceeded them!"

"So, why bother fighting me then?"

"Because I want to see if you'll exceed my expectations!" he replied triumphantly.

What if I act purposefully weak, so I don't go anywhere towards his type?

"You're already my type!"

Shit.

"I thought you liked girls' with big asses," Seiko replied with a raised eyebrow. Shit, he seems like one of those guys who never leave you alone.

"I heard," Megumi said, finally getting up. "You don't use Cursed Techniques."

"Huh?" Toudou replied. "Oh, no, that rumor's false. I did against the Special Grade."

"That's good to know!" Megumi replied, seemingly angry. He smacked his hands together, calling his shinigami. "Nue, plus Gama!" Five frogs appeared from the ground, three hanging onto his body and two to his left and right.

Seiko grinned, lifting her hand. A black aura appeared around it as she fell into a fighting stance. "Hm, I'm almost excited." 

She had the chance to use one of her abilities, one she didn't have the chance to do before. Oblivion Path. Dark balls of energy would grow in her hand, and she had the ability to throw those balls, which she called phantoms. Whatever she threw phantoms at, they'd fall into her oblivion. Therefore, she had the ability to throw her Oblivion at anything, for them to disappear. Phantoms were more used on items, rather than people. However, she was allowed to control if she really wanted her phantoms to send whatever item into Oblivion. She had the ability to take something from somewhere else and have it arrive in her hand. She could transport basically anything if given the chance.