chapter nine [UPDATED x2]

[second update starts at the {}, it's regarding the little kiss between megumi and seiko because i've realized seiko looks like a hella player]

"How are you feeling, Seiko?"

"I'm fine," Seiko said. She lifted one of her hands and rotated it in a circle. She winced slightly, but, for the most part, was alright. Her head hurt more than her hand did. "Could be worse."

Gojo shook his head. "You should've just blown him into Oblivion or something," he said quietly, so only she could hear him.

Seiko stared at him with her jaw slack. "And you call yourself a teacher."

Gojo grinned and sat beside her. "You know, I'm surprised you're this injured."

From the fight, she had a good handful of bandages here and there. Seiko had small cuts here and there that were covered by bandages, her head patched up. One of her hands was wrapped in bandages, and it hurt a bit to move.

"My body is just weak," she replied. "Just give me a few hours of rest, and I'll be all healed up."

"Is that so?" Gojo challenged. "See, I'd be healed up in just a few minutes. This just further proves that I'm the strongest, and not you."

"It took you two months to get better when you had a sore throat," Seiko replied. "I think that makes you the weakest."

Gojo huffed. "I thought we agreed to stop mentioning that!" he protested. He shrunk a little. "You wouldn't come near me for those two months."

"I wonder what could've been the reason."

Gojo laughed, and a moment of silence soon washed over them. It didn't bother either of them, as they both found comfort in each other's presence. Some things never changed.

"How have you been?" Gojo asked quietly. His tone was soft, almost hesitant.

Seiko let a sigh leave her lips. "I've been better," she replied. "Though, I'm no longer the weak little girl I used to be."

Gojo quickly rejected her words. "You were never weak. Never," he said. "How many times have you beat me in a fight? I've lost count, really."

"We should spar again, sometime soon," Seiko said with a grin. "This time, I'll really beat your ass."

Gojo laughed. "Just like good old days, huh?"

Seiko nodded with a soft smile. "Just like good old days."

A sudden knock on the two brought their conversation to a stop. "Come in," Gojo hollered.

At his words, Megumi and Nobara appeared, all washed up and clean. The three of them, by Gojo's order, had been sent to wash up before getting bandaged up by another.

Gojo grinned. "How are you two holding up?"

Nobara grunted, holding up a thumbs-up. "Great! I beat her up real bad, believe me."

Gojo chuckled at Nobara's attitude. Somehow, from the bandages on her body, he doubted her words. "And you, Fushiguro?"

"Fine," the boy muttered, his eyes trained on the floor.