chapter thirty-five.

[author's note: you guys have been asking for a continuation on that night...here you go!]

;;

Gojo didn't know what to think. 

The night before, he believed it would be a night just like no other. He sat at his desk, helplessly staring at the letter Seiko had left him before she was taken. After a long day of work, piled on by Yaga, he was finally left alone. 

With Seiko on his mind, he was startled by a sudden bang! on his window. His head whipped up, his attention piqued. Gojo expected an animal or an unlucky curse. Though, he got neither. 

Gojo's eyes fell on two figures outside his window, illuminated by the moonlight. The first thing he saw was a face, the upper half covered by an arm. Instantly, Gojo shot up. He could recognize those lips anywhere. 

His heart leaped in relief, then leaped in confusion. There was one question on his mind: who was the man beside her? With a head of brilliant crimson hair, Gojo couldn't figure out who it was in his hazy state of mind. Dazed, he watched in confusion. 

He watched as the man lifted another hand to grasp Seiko's chin. Gojo watched as his lips moved to speak, then watched as his lips were placed on hers. With a horrified gaze, a pair of azure eyes turned to meet Gojo's gaze. 

And then, they were gone. 

Gojo couldn't sleep a wink that night. Questions kept him awake, as he searched for answers, until morning. He wondered if Seiko really was outside his window. Gojo thought of her every chance he had, so would it be odd for his mind to play tricks on him? He came to the conclusion that it was just his mind torturing him, well, he hoped it was just his mind.

He then wondered who the man was. 

However, he didn't have time to think. Gojo had a class to teach and work to do. It wasn't long before he was at his desk, paperwork galore sitting neatly in front of him. After finishing a majority, Gojo moved to sit on his desk.

He decided to take a mental break and try to understand what he had seen the night before. 

As he scorned his mind for any sort of memory, an old conversation came to mind. 

;;

"Seiko," Gojo said, playing with her dark hair. "What does Raiden look like?"

Seiko tilted her head upwards to look at him, raising an eyebrow. Gojo stared innocently back at her. "Why do you want to know?" she replied. It wasn't that she didn't want to tell him, she was just curious as to why he brought Raiden up so suddenly. 

"So I can go beat him up, of course."

Seiko snorted. "Well, I'm sure that would go well," she said. Seiko then exhaled slowly. "Let's see...what does he look like, you ask?"

"Yeah," Gojo said, eagerly waiting for Seiko's description. 

"Crimson hair and azure eyes."

;;

Gojo ran a hand through his distressed hair as realization fell upon him. "Fuck," he murmured to himself. Things started to make a little more sense. "It wasn't a dream."