chapter twenty-eight.

Two days before Kuze Seiko's disappearance.

''''

"Gojo-sensei, what'd you call us in for?"

The four first-years of Jujutsu Tech stood in their classroom. Each of them gazed curiously at their teacher, who had called them to the room not long ago. The lanky man grinned at his students with an easygoing smile.

"Something quite exciting," he said with a tilt of his head. "Are you ready? Hold onto your hats, kiddos. You might be so shocked that they might fly away." The only response he received was blank stares from the four.

"I left Jennifer Lawerence for this?" Itadori mumbled to Seiko.

"I mean seriously," Gojo continued, "this is something so crazy that I just know you guys will be blown away. It's so shocking. Even I am stunned by this news, and I'm the one delivering it!"

Megumi pinched the bridge of his nose. "Jesus Christ."

"Not even Jesus Christ could save you from him," Seiko snickered. Megumi's frown turned up a bit and turned into a smile. "Maybe Budha could help you, try Buddhism?"

"You know, when I was younger, I didn't even get such news like this. You guys should consider yourself lucky! I wish I was living like you guys, so lusciously."

Megumi leaned down to whisper in Seiko's ear. "How much do you want to bet that Itadori's gonna call him out?"

She scoffed in reply. "I'm not trying to lose money, I'm trying to make money."

"One time, I was--"

"Gojo-sensei, I like you and all, but can you get to the point?" Itadori complained loudly. Megumi and Seiko glanced at each other for a brief moment, quickly glancing away to prevent themselves from snickering even louder.

Gojo let out a loud sigh. "Fine, fine. You guys are so ungrateful." He continued, despite the harsh crowd he was speaking to. "Actually, I have a mission for you four. Quite a big one, actually." Finally, Gojo managed to catch their attention.

Nobara huffed. "Took you long enough to say that."

"Anyway, there's been a report of a curse infestation around a shrine. Four people were killed by an unknown curse."

"What grade is it?" Megumi asked.

"Grade 1," Gojo said with a smile. He chuckled at the surprised faces of three of the students. "It'll be quite challenging, but I know you can defeat it. After all, the combined powers of the four of you surpass many people."

"Like you?" Itadori asked.

Gojo smiled. "Whatever floats your boat, Itadori. Unfortunately, I have my own mission to complete. You four will be on your own in this mission."

"Are you sure, Gojo?" Megumi asked doubtfully.

"Don't worry. Everything will go well." He moved past that point and began to continue explaining bits about their mission and whatnot.