chapter thirteen.

Mahito jumped from the school building, wearing an easy-going smile. He chuckled whilst spotting Itadori, who had an uneasy expression on his battered face. His eyes fell on Seiko, who stared blankly at him. 

"My," he taunted, "you wish to fight your savior?"

"Your humor seems to have improved," she stated dryly. "You should consider being a comedian." 

Mahito laughed loudly, a pleased smile on his face. "You flatter me, my dear princess." 

"You've always been keen to call me that. Why is that? I am not of royal blood, that is obvious enough." Ever since Seiko had met Mahito, he was intent on calling her by his nickname rather than her name.

His lips quirked up while tilting his head to the side. "Why, you could be considered royalty considering you come from the K—" he paused, catching himself. "I've said too much, haven't I? Please forgive me, princess. I know it's a sensitive topic for you."

Seiko raised an eyebrow. "Kento was right. You are a nuisance." Her annoyance was increasing, as she wanted all but to wipe his irksome grin off of his patched face. Usually, she was calm and collected. But reuniting with Mahito was turning out to be a lot more trouble than she liked. 

Mahito pouted, reaching out to push back a strand of her hair. "Is that any way to talk to your savior?" 

Seiko flashed a dangerous grin, her eye gleaming wolfishly. "Oh, you are anything but." 

Mahito's eyes went wide when he felt a blow through his torso, his body slamming into the concrete walls of the school. Slowly, he looked down, to the gaping hole that stared back at him. Mahito was quick to move his head, the next blow from Seiko missing him by a hair. He forced himself out of the wall, attempting to dodge the attacks that Seiko threw at him violently. She didn't give him a chance to breathe, launching into a series of attacks that were incredibly hard to dodge. Half of her shots were missed, the other landing painfully on all parts of his body. 

Seiko landed a blow at his lower torso—that was still intact—countering with a blow to his jaw. Her foot kicked at the backside of his knee, forcing him down to one leg. She spun, smashing her foot into the temple of Mahito's head. He flew to the ground in an instant, her power lodging his head into the concrete ground. Mahito didn't move, body stiff in pain. 

Seiko stepped a foot away from him, staring down with blank eyes. "Give up or die." 

Mahito carefully lifted himself from the ground, the holes in his body taking their time to patch themselves up. Despite the wounds and unhealable aches at his body, he still managed to smile as though he had the upper hand. And in this case, he did. 

"Don't forget, princess," he chuckled, standing to his feet. 

Itadori was startled when Nanami appeared beside him, a bit out of breath as his eyes narrowed at the situation in front of him. "What's going on?" he demanded, staring at Itadori. He didn't reply, instead of pointing to the situation in front of them. 

Seiko's eyes narrowed when he leaned down, breath fanning her ear. 

"Princess," he purred softly, "I may have saved you, but I can take everything away."