chapter thirty.

WARNINGS: MATURE SCENES (again, as much as i want to nothing going farther than kisses. sadly. it does go like very out there with the kissing. but yeah, this is a bit fluff/angst chapter.)

'''

Day of Seiko's disappearance.

'''

Azure eyes pierced Seiko's soul. They were narrowed dangerously at her and sent chills down her spine. A distinct fear crept up at her insides, tugging at her conscience. As much as she tried to ignore it, it was the only emotion she could feel. It ate away at her terribly. No matter how much she had willed herself to never succumb to the feeling, there was no other option. And that was just what he wanted.

There was no one else besides the two of them. They stood across each other, with an unbreaking gaze. Darkness surrounded them, save for the dim light of a flickering candle. Raiden looked as aloof as always, though something in his eyes was different. His usual gaze, which was icy and annoyed, was replaced with something tranquil, something calm. Seiko could hardly believe she was staring at the same man who used to torture her mind endlessly until dawn. But she preferred this gaze over the troubled one, and she always would.

Seiko had always wondered what had been done to Raiden for him to always bear that mask. To his subordinates, he was emotionless and uncaring. He never let them see a peek of his emotions, besides the occasionally irritated glare when a mission hadn't gone as planned. Not a single person could ever tell what was going on in his mind. But that mask was disposed of whenever he went to visit Seiko.

At the sound of footsteps, Seiko would turn to the door with a tired gaze of her own. A head of crimson hair would be the first thing she would see. His lean body was always clad in a dark button-up, with the top three buttons undone to show an innocent glimpse of his collarbone. Seiko would always notice the silver necklace wrapped around his neck, but she could never tell what it was, or what it represent. Slacks covered his long legs, with a pair of black dress shoes at his feet. He would step inside the room, and the door would lock with a simple click. His gaze would meet hers, and the two empty shells of life would gaze at each other. Those were the moments that Raiden's emotions surfaced.

Exhaustion. Misery. Grief. Desperation.

Raiden's eyes held unknown emotions. He was troubled. Bothered. Something was eating away at him, just as the fear was to Seiko. The realization had settled in that the two were more alike than she believed them to be. His emotions would swirl in his eyes, as though he couldn't choose a single one to feel, and instead chose to feel each of them at once. Seiko was someone who could care less about how other people felt, and hardly ever considered their feelings. But she felt his emotions so strongly, that it hurt. He was a mess of emotions.

That man was not the same as the one in front of Seiko.

Raiden stared down at her with those oddly tranquil eyes. Then, he spoke. "My Sumire...ah, pardon me, that isn't you anymore, is it?" A chuckle left his lips when he saw Seiko's wary gaze. "Be at ease, darling. I can't lay a finger on you. After all, this is merely your conscience."

Seiko's eyebrows drew together. "Why are you.." Seiko trailed off at the sound of her voice. It was much higher than normal, and there was an edge of defiance that she couldn't control. Another chuckle left Raiden's lips. With a swift movement of his hand, a mirror appeared in Seiko's grasp.