chapter sixteen.

"Hey!"

Nobara dropped a magazine on the ground, holding a pink suitcase and a pink backpack. 

"Why are you guys all empty-handed?"

The five other students stared blankly at her. "Hm?" Panda pointed at her. "Where do you think you're going with all that luggage?"

"Wait a sec," Nobara said, "aren't we all traveling today? For the exchange event with our sister school in Kyoto?"

Panda nodded. "Yes, it's an exchange event with our sister school in Kyoto. Here in Tokyo."

Nobara's hands flew to her hair, as her complexion paled into blue color. "No freaking way!"

Maki snorted. "That explains why she hasn't been making any sense lately," she said while Nobara shouted in the background.

"No doubt," Megumi replied stoically. 

"Salmon."

"Didn't she go all berserk on you, Seiko?" Maki asked, turning to the girl who had her chin resting on Megumi's shoulder. 

Seiko hummed. "All 'cause I wasn't here for a week or two." Megumi chuckled, he heard the story from Gojo, who bragged about Seiko clinging onto him for safety for the first time in her life. 

"The previous year's winner always hosts it," Panda explained. 

The brunette grabbed Panda angrily. "So, why'd you have to go and win it?"

"It wasn't us! We weren't even in it last year! They just put in Yuuta so the numbers would match up!"

"Yeah, 'cause that was before Rika got freed," Maki said. "Apparently, it was an overwhelming win, but I didn't get to see it since it was held in Kyoto."

"I'll never forgive you, Okkotsu Yuuta! Even though in fact, I've never met you!" Nobara screamed in a random direction. 

"Misdirected rage," Panda said, patting his stomach. 

"Salmon."

"Hm?"

The group looked to the side, where a group of students walked towards them. Seiko made eye contact with Mai, who glared at her before looking away quickly. 

"What's up with that?" Maki murmured to her, after noticing the exchange.

"Don't know," Seiko replied without emotion. She scrunched her nose when Toudou winked at her, pretending to gag behind Megumi's back while he chuckled. 

Seiko's eyes landed on a familiar person, whose eyes had found hers. She watched as their eyes widened, blinking in an attempt to correct their vision. They looked as though they were going to rush towards Seiko and smother her in hugs, but a flash full of pain in her eyes was enough to stop them. Seiko was the first to look away, to listen to the conversation going on.

"Hey," Maki called, her expression serious. "Here they come."

"Oh damn," Mai said, a smug grin on her face. "The whole Tokyo crowd all together, huh? You actually came to greet us? So amateur."