Chapter 32

This chapter is not the greatest, I really struggled writing it soooo comment?

I actually stopped writing this chapter and wrote ahead so comment for a double

Chap

The next day

They had spent the entire day shopping for furniture for each of their rooms. Things between with Kirstie and Mitch were still tense.

Kirstie was still mad that Mitch had punched her boyfriend and freaked out her for sleeping with a man.

Avi and Kirstie were getting closer, she really liked him and trusted him. She wanted to feel safe for once and wanted Avi to protect her, why was Mitch judging her?

Mitch sat on the couch sitting forward not to lean on his back. His marks were healing but still painful.... He was trying his hardest to hide. He didn't want to anger Jeremy.

Kirstie sat awkwardly keeping her distance from Mitch. Scott and Avi sat watching them, they could both feel the tension. They made a plan to take the other and talking to them one on one.

Jeremy was gone taking Matt and Kevin to a famous beta library. They had recently taken a routine beta test and excelled with flying colors so Jeremy took them out for a fun treat!

"Mitch why don't you help me start a  garden?" Avi spoke up breaking the awkward silence and falling the plan.

"That sounds nice Mitchy, Kirstie would you like to help me cook?" Scott said.

"I g-g-guess I c-can help" she said softly

"If I have to..." Mitch said under his breath.

"Great!!" Scott said getting up and walking to the kitchen. Kirstie got up following his and waving goodbye to Avi.

"Why do we have to garden? That's a betas job" Mitch said snarky

"Says who? Everyone has their own hobbies, I enjoy gardening and like to make time for it" Avi said walking outside. Mitch shuffled behind not saying a word.

Avi tied his hair into a man bun and grabbed the plants he bought getting ready to plant. They walked to a little section of their new house to start a garden.

"Okay Mitch so first we need to use our shovels and dig a hole deep enough to transfer  the plants we bought into our dirt area" he said bending down to sit on the ground.

Mitch sat next to him carefully not trying to bend his back and started digging his hole. Avi smiled next to him and digging his hole.

"You know Mitch... I really like Kirstie." Avi said.

Mitch finished his dirt hole and started picking up his plant not responding.

"And... I'll never do anything to hurt her. I love her.... I will never take advantage of her. I want to do everything in my power to protect from harm." He said

Mitch sighed "I'm protective of Kirstie... I don't want anything to happen to her.... Everything has happened to her and I couldn't stop it."

"No one blames you Mitch, these things weren't your fault"

"I know... but I could've done more..." he said.

"That is the past... there is nothing we can do to change it but Kirst is in our pack, she's safe"  Avi said.

Mitch bit his lip thinking to himself.... He was going to make sure he would keep her safe from Jeremy no matter what it takes.

Mitch finished planting his plant and smiled a little trying to push down everything about Jeremy.