Chapter 14

TRIGGER WARNING:

Kirstie gasped woke up cuddling Mitch. He woke up and immediately held her.

"It's ok Kirst I got you" He said

She shook in his arms clinging to him, terrified.

"It was just a dream..... we're still safe. Scott and Avi saved us...."

"R-right.... w-w-were... s-safe..." she said shakily.

They lay quietly while Kirstie very slowly relaxed.

"Hey...." he whispered "Happy birthday kitty"

She smiled weakly, nodding and laid in his arms going back to sleep.

Mitch woke up a few hours later working silently in the kitchen. He had spent so much time making pancakes and was finishing decorating them.

Scott and Avi walked downstairs, they always got up early, at 5:30 to workout. After two day recovering, their Alpha strength healed them completely.

Avi looked confused hearing noise from the kitchen. They quietly walked into the kitchen seeing Mitch decorating the pancakes.

"Mitchell Grassi What are you doing?! Its 5:30 in the morning!" Scott said

Mitch screamed covering his mouth and quickly covered the pancakes "N-Nothing... I-I.... I'm s-sorry!!" He said bursting into tears,falling to the ground.

Scott rushed over "Baby.... what's going on"

Avi read the pancakes and gasped "Happy birthday Kirstie?! She didn't even tell us?!"

Mitch nodded and cried into Scott like a little child.

Scott rubbed his back "Honey.... how come you were so jumpy...? You were just making pancakes...? "

Mitch cried shaking "Y-y-you p-promise not t-to hurt m-me?"

Avi bent down "You know us Mitchy..... we will never hit you for no reason...."

"I w-was making p-pancakes s-secretly for k-Kirstie's b-birthday...... we n-never got to c-celebrate it in our o-old pack.... and we g-got the s-sh*t beat out of u-us if we e-even mentioned it.... i k-know this is a n-new pack but we w-were terrified..... omegas a-are never w-worthy enough t-to get a day to c-celebrate their birth....." he cried

Scott swallowed the lump in his throat and hugged him "That is never okay..... never ever..... we always celebrate birthdays.... we shower each other with gifts and love.... I'm sorry they treated you so horribly.... we're here to make Kirstie's day special and yours in the future....."

Mitch hiccuped covering his mouth and used Scott's shirt to wipe his nose. Scott didn't even care and he rubbed his back.

"I know you came from a bad pack... but we are different" Avi said

"I k-know you a-are... but I w-was just petrified... I m-made Kirstie a card in o-our old pack... and h-he saw.... and he.... g-got a bat.... I had to go to the h-hospital.... and I had to l-lie saying I fell down the stairs.... so h-he wouldn't get in trouble...."

"Mitchell..... I'm so sorry........" Scott whispered rubbing his back.

"It's okay... I-it's okay.... s-so you mean... w-we can g-give Kirstie a p-party...?" He sniffled

"Yes of course sweetie... and you too for your birthday" Scott smiled

Mitch smiled wiping his tears "Oh w-wow!" He gasped

It shattered Avi and Scott's hearing that..... that they were beat for mentioning their birthdays.

"Here you go back to bed.. I'll wake Matt and we will get party supplies and decorations. Avi you can stay so we can shop and you can make sure everything is good here and then we can all switch off going shopping and getting presents" Scott said