Chapter 27

Comment!!! I love reading them, it makes me want to update even more!!

Hours had passed, Mitch was up and chattering away about everything and anything. Matt was reading a book of the couch. Scott laid next to Mitch on his bed, not even listening, all he could think about was the horrible thoughts he thought about Kirstie. They were just thoughts but it bugged him.... He needed to be the leader to both of them not just his mate. Scott sat up rubbing his head, if going to the council for advice is what needed to be done he would do it. Scott didn't want to have his love and emotions risk Kirstie getting hurt or worse.

"Scott? Scotty?" Mitch said worried

Scott hadn't realized Mitch had stopped talking. Matt was next to them looking worried, "Sir?"

"Yes sorry, Matt I actually I need to discuss some Alpha guidelines and rules with you.." He said

Mitch understood this wasn't his business and turned on the hospital tv watching sponge bob.

"Of course sir, have a seat" Matt said gesturing to the couch.

"Well Matt.... I just..." Scott started, he had no idea how to put it into words.

Matt just started kindly and patiently waiting for Scott to take his time.

"I had a sinister thought the other day..... it really scares me and bothers me... With this fire and everything happening, I don't know... I just was laying in bed next to Mitch and was so relieved that Mitch was okay.... I didn't even think to worry about Avi... and worse Kirstie... then my thoughts got worse.... I actually thought, that... I didn't care if Kirstie was okay as long as Mitch was" Scott said starting to sob into his hands. Hearing him say the words.... He knew he had failed as an Alpha.....

Matt took his hand and Scott looked up, to see that Mitch was asleep already... which made him relieved that he wouldn't be questioning why he was crying. When Scott looked at Matt with his tear filled eyes, he could see that Matt knew there was more he wanted to say.

"It's no that I don't love her, I do... but in every situation I think of I want to put Mitch first..."

"Well sir this is a new thing and challenge for you, you've never had someone you've loved in this way before, before you were an Alpha with no one to love, who all you had to look after was me and Avi." He said kindly.

Scott nodded crying..... "Matt. I want to question my own leadership."

Matt's smile faded "Sir, you know what that means right?"

"I do, but Matt I need to do this to keep Kirstie safe, if that means loosing my title, then who cares" he said smiling a little, he was relieved saying it out loud, the council would decide wether it was fit for him to lead by testing him.

"You'll have to let the pack know, you can't spring this on them" Matt said

"I will, just as soon as Avi and Kirstie are back." He said

Few hours later

Avi's bed was wheeled in and Matt and Scott stood happily.

Mitch screamed "ALPHA AVI!!!!"

"Mitchy shhhhh" Matt said

Avi laughed, his laugh sounded dry and raspy. He had breathing tubes in. His arm was completely wrapped in some kind of cotton the covered with an ace bandage, and in a sling.

"Hi I'm Avi's Doctor, he is going to be just fine. From the damage he has lost all function in his left arm but it is temporary, his arm currently looks shrunken but over time he will be able to feel, and get stronger, when that happens you'll need to get him into physical therapy to continue to help heal his arm." He smiled