Chapter 25

They ran, Avi started heaving and coughing because of his asthma he didn't care.

"Avi go back to the ambulance! That's an order!" Scott yelled running with him.

"He can come with us, we have two oxygen masks, get on we have to leave now"  the paramedic said urgently.

They both nodded hoping in the back as the paramedics closed the doors and rushed off.

They started sticking IV's and monitors  to her chest and arms. Kirstie was covered in soot, just like Mitch parts of her body were badly burned.

Avi watched wide-eyed and scared.... He was shaking as they put the breathing mask on him, Scott looked at him....instead of reprimanding him, he took his hand and squeezed it. Avi looked down with tears in his eyes...

"It's okay to be scared..." Scott said

"Alphas can't be scared...." Avi said wiping his tears

"Yes they can! I'm scared all the time!" Scott said

"Y-you are?" Avi said sniffling.

"Yes it's natural... even for Alphas but it's how you handle your fear Avi. Alphas aren't suppose to freeze in a scary situations ." Scott said

Avi looked down ashamed.... "That's what I did"

"Are you kidding?! You wanted to run through fire to get to Mitch and Kirstie!" Scott said starting to laugh.

Avi chuckled  a little through his mask, tiredly laying back. Scott smiled, "You are the perfect Alpha, Avi just rest.."

Avi nodded  focusing on his breathing through the mask, wheezing slightly.

"Is he going to be okay?" Scott asked.

"We will know for sure at the hospital, you said he has asthma?"

"Yeah, it's really severe....." Scott said

The paramedic put a monitor on his finger to check his heart rate. "When we get to the hospital we will get him on a stretcher, have him checked over to make sure, inhaling smoke and soot is not good, even for healthy lungs.

"I have a pulse!" Said the paramedic doing CPR on Kirstie   "She still isn't breathing there could be something blocking her airway."

"Keep her on oxygen, till we get there."

Scott smiled holding Kirstie and Avi's hand. They arrived at the hospital and unloading Kirstie immediately as nurses ran to her. They rushed her on the stretcher and into the hospital. An ambulance pulled up behind them, Matt hopped out running over. As they started getting a stretcher for Avi, Matt walked over hugging Scott.

"Is Avi okay?" He said worried.

"Because of the asthma, they are going to check him over, he was having trouble breathing even with the mask. Is Olaf okay? Where is he?" Scott said.

"They took him to a vet to make sure he was okay." Matt said

Scott held Matt sighing in relief....

"Were going to be okay" Matt said.

Scott nodded and watched as they moved Avi onto the stretcher, they unloaded him carefully. "You can come with us, we will admit him into a room where you guys can sit while the doctor check him over."

"Okay" Scott said walking with them and Matt followed.

They wheeled him into a room, hooking him up to iv's and monitors, they injected a shot.

"Just so you know Mitch is in surgery, as is Kirstie, they will be okay." a nurse said and Scott smiled.

Matt sat in the chair taking a deep breath. "Should I inform you of their allergies?"

"Yes" a nurse said grabbing forms.

"Okay, Avi is allergic to penicillin, Kirstie to peanu-" Matt was interrupted

"Penicillin?" The nurse said clicking a button, doctors started rushing in.

Avi's monitors started beeping, his veins were blue and his skin was pale.

"WHAT'S GOING ON?!" Scott yelled over the commotion.

"We just injected him  with penicillin... we need to get him to surgery"