Chapter 24

Avi was loaded onto a stretcher Scott at his side, with an oxygen mask on his face.

"It's going to be okay Avi, focus on breathing." Scott said holding his hand.

Avi laid tired and lifted the mask "I'm not leaving until they are both out."

Scott looked to the paramedic and he nodded "He is doing okay as long as he keeps it on. We can wait."

Scott put the mask back on him and nodded running "MATT!!!"

"SCOTT!!" He heard Matt yell.

He looked around his eyes turning red and sniffed the air. He ran full speed finding Matt sitting in the back of another ambulance.

"Are you hurt?!" Scott said his eyes fading.

"No no... they just wanted to check me over." He said standing up. "The firefighters are still in there. There chief is sending more inside. I heard them talking..."

"Okay...." Scott said looking at Kirstie's burning room.

Scott was terrified... he can't loose Mitch... he can't loose his Omegas.... he would have failed at his purpose in life... protecting them.

"WE GOT ONE!!" A firefighter yelled.

Two firefighters ran out covered in black soot followed by another firefighter holding a body.

Scott and Matt ran to see who it was... Scott gasped at the sight "M-Mitchy....."

The paramedics ran taking him and Scott followed after them "I'm right here Mitch. Scotty's here"

Mitch laid on the stretcher, parts of his skin severely burned. He was covered in soot, blood and dirt.

They put an oxygen mask on him and Scott teared up as they loaded him.

"We have to take him now sir! Are you in or out?!" The paramedic said asking Scott.

Scott was overwhelmed looking around. There house in flames... Kirstie still in there... Avi unable to breathe.... Matt screaming at the firefighters.

"WHERE IS SHE?! WHERE IS SHE!!" Matt screamed at them.

Scott took a deep breath... he needed to be a leader... he wanted to be with Mitch so badly but he couldn't just leave Kirstie behind. Leaders have to make hard choices.

"Matt! Please ride with Mitch and keep me updated." Scott said running towards him.

Matt nodded following orders and ran into the ambulance with Mitch and they took off, sirens blaring.

"What is the problem?! Why could you get Mitch and not her?!" Scott yelled

At the point Avi had lost it and tore his mask off running towards them "P-please please save her!! You c-can't leave her in there!!!" He screamed

"Go back to the ambulance and sit Avi. That's an order." Scott said grabbing his arm and walking him back, the firefighter followed.

"The bedroom they were in collapsed, and the firefighters on one side got out with Mitch. But Kirstie is stuck on the other side of the debris, there are firefighters with her and we are in contact with them." He said

Scott nodded feeling sick... this was so much....

After several minutes there was yelling and people running. Firefighters running and paramedics with a stretcher.

"THEY ARE COMING OUT THE WINDOW!! Get the ladder!!" One screamed.

Scott ran and could see a firefighter starting to crawl out of the window with a person on his back, tied around by some type of sling type of device. He could hear barking and watched as a little black furry head popped up from where Kirstie was on the firefighters back.

"KIRSTIE!!! KIRSTIE!!!" Scott screamed running. The firefighter made it down and the paramedics immediately took her off and onto the stretcher.

Avi had run over to see her... she was burned and bloody...

"She has no pulse and no breathing" one of the paramedics said to the other as they wheeled her away.

Scott and Avi's hearts dropped.....

"Starting CPR" one said hopping on the stretcher with her compressing her chest.