Chapter 18

Mitch carefully dressed Kirstie with out waking her. She laid sleeping, tears still on her face. Mitch covered his mouth crying silently watching her sleep.

He leaned down kissing her forehead wiping the tears off her face.

"Never again.... will I let anyone hurt you... ever again..... I broke that promise..." he said whispering.

He brushed his fingers through her black hair " I love you so much..... "

Mitch stood up still crying and walked finding Avi "Hey... she's dressed"

"Hey... Mitchy are you okay?" He asked

Mitch growled "I'm fine. Please just help her."

"I will talk to you later about that small outburst. I want you to stay close in case if while I'm carrying her, she wakes up and panics you'll be there" he said

"G-Good idea" Mitch said wiping his face

Avi almost asked him again but Mitch walked back to Kirstie.

Avi sighed and walked gently picking her up. Kirstie laid not moving and Avi and Mitch carefully walked upstairs.

Kirstie whimpered loudly and started opening her eyes, starting to scream.

"Hey hey hey it's ok! Kirstie I'm right here!" Mitch said holding her hand.

Kirstie panted and looked around frightened, while squirming. "N-No!!!"

Avi quickly walked into his room and laid her on the bed backing away "It's okay kirst I'm backing away"

His heart was broken.... it was like the first time they met... terrified of Alphas... even him.

Mitch ran and held her "It's ok.... it's ok..... I got you. It's just Avi!" He said over and over

After 30 minutes..... Kirstie has calmed down... she laid clinging to Mitch. She sniffled and snuggled him.

"I-I'm.... s-So s-s-Sorry..." She said looking at Mitch

"It's okay.... it's okay beautiful...." Mitch whispered "Do you want me to stay here while you nap...?"

"Y-y-Yes p-p-pleas-se" She hiccuped

Avi's heart hurt "I'll leave you two.. I wanted to make sure your okay.."

"S-s-stay!" She said softly

"You want me to stay...?" He asked smiling a little

She whispered to Mitch and his her face again. "She wants you to lay with her.... She's scared. She wants you protect her sir. She wants both of us."

"Well... ok...." Avi said. He slipped of his shoes crawling into bed with Kirstie sandwiched in between him and Mitch.

Avi tried keeping his distance to not upset her but she moved closer cuddling him.

His breathing quickened and he gently placed his hand on her back as her eyes fluttered close.

Scott walked in quietly "everything is handled.... the police want to talk to everyone in a few days after everything settles down. But they are keeping him in jail... how's she doing" he whispered

"She wanted me to lay with her... to feel protected" Avi said

Scott rubbed his chest..... "This was suppose to be a perfect birthday for her...."

Kirstie sat up slowly, meaning she was pretending to be sleeping earlier she waved her hand telling him to lay. He smiled and walked laying next to Mitch.

"Kirstie... were going to take care of your mom... she's living with my parents away from your step dad" Scott said

"T-t-Thank you!" She said starting to cry and Mitch cuddled her not wanting her worked up again. "It's ok..... just sleep..."

She sniffled and cuddled Avi and Mitch falling asleep.

Avi cuddled her and held her gently... he wanted to protect her at all costs.

"Don't try anything..." Mitch growled

"I'm not...." Avi said softly

Scott cuddled him "It's ok beautiful....."

Mitch sniffled cuddling him "So much happened....."

Scott rubbed his back and Mitch smiled "Do you think she's going to want to do this party and presents?"

"I think so.... she'll probably be better after napping.... I don't know it could cheer her up" Mitch said tired

"Go to sleep baby" Scott said

He nodded cuddling Scott and drifting to sleep .