№9 Basically a Filler Chapter

This was mainly written to give small details that would be hard to bring up later, plus I'm tired.
Hope you enjoy!

"What can I do for you?" Rubbing his neck he looks at me sheepishly. "I kinda need a job. I know you're opening today and figured I might be of some help." Popping my back I chuckle. "Then you're hired. I have to go help Mei. You can set up the displays and everything, if you need any help then go to that room right there, and you should see three of your classmates. You'll need a uniform so if I'm not out by the time you're finished they will help you find them and show you where to change." Setting down the menu that still needs to be hung up and pointing to the display case I walk out of the room. I trust he knows what he's doing.

"Mei sweetheart, are you almost done?" Walking out of the hole in the floor and rubbing their head she looks at me with a smile. "Yep! Just taking stuff to the base and hiding the entrance. We can move everything around later tonight or tomorrow." Nodding in acknowledgment I grab a box and head down the ladder. Setting the second to last box down, Mei follows me and sets the last box down. Clapping their hands she looks at the main room.  "I could locate more bases while you hide the entrance. You can just text me when it's time to open the cafe." Walking behind them I kiss their forehead. "That'll work perfectly. Great job." Walking back up the ladder I set to work making the entrance less noticeable.

Forty-five minutes later I walk to the front of the cafe to see all four of my employees talking at a table and laughing. Smiling, I see they are wearing the uniforms. Walking over to the back I grab the open sign. Returning to the front I text Mei making sure that everything is in order for the finale time. "I'm here!" Gasping for air is Mei who just ran through the base like a manic chicken. "I'm...here." Straightening her back they hug me. "Ready?" "Ready." Mei and I walk to the door and put the open sign on together. Opening the door we smile in sync. "The Broken Cafe is now open!"

Goodbye dearies 💕