Ch 11

"Bad! I need to tell you something! And I know you might hate me for this but I just have to get it off my chest! Darryl, I- I lik-" Before he could finish Zak felt an intense strike to his heart. He clutched onto Darryl tightly before letting out a silent gasp and collapsing to the ground. Darryl caught him before he hit the floor. "ZAK!" Darryl watched in horror as blood and petals started gushing out his mouth and flowers quickly appeared on his skin. 

"SOMEBODY CALL THE AMBULANCE NOW!!" Darryl was frantic, confused, and scared of what was happening. His best friend was practically limp and dead in his arms. Zak was just barely holding on to consciousness as he saw his distressed friend. He reached his hand out and placed it on Darryl's cheek to get his attention. He coughed up some blood almost drowning in it. 

"Darryl", He gasp, gargling his already strained and quiet voice, "I'm sorry it happened this way... and I'm afraid I may be too late but I love you... more than a friend.. more than anything. I should have just told-" 

He was stopped by lips pressing passionately but gently against his own. "Why didn't you tell me before! Of course, I love you too muffinhead!" Darryl cried. Just then the roses and petals started to glow a vivid gold before float up into the air and disappearing. When Darryl looked down from the sight he hoped that that meant that whatever was happening was over, that Zak was ok, but when he saw Zak his heart sank. Blood still gushed out his mouth and Zak saw as his vision started to go black. Zak let out a single laugh as a small tear ran down his cheek, "I guess I was just too selfish," and he went completely limp in Darryl's arms.

"Zak? Skeppy? Please, Zak, don't do this to me! Don't leave me! Open your eyes! Please! Geppy!" He was crying hysterically. Finally, the ambulance came and took Zak away. Darryl reached out crying as they pulled Zak out of his grasp. He didn't want him to go he wanted to be with him, hold him again, and protect him. Once they were gone he ran in his car to follow them.

Darryl Pov

It's been four days since the incident. Zak was in an induced coma ever since and I refused to leave his side. He was connected to wires and a heart monitor beeped continuously. Although it was annoying I was always happy to hear it knowing that he was still alive. 

Once we got here I called his sister right away, she brought her family and I told them everything. They would come by every now and then bringing flowers and 'get well' stuff. They were worried not only for Zak but for me as well because I have not slept and barely ate these past days and I've only left my spot to shower at home and to go get flowers for Zak and grab the flower crown he made for me which was withering rather quickly. They told me Zak wouldn't want me to be like this, but what do they want me to do? I can't just leave him. What if he wakes up and there's no one there? I can't leave him! I just can't. 

I told them I was fine so they can get off my case after all I'm not who they should be worried about. They don't even know me. Though it has gotten to the point where the nurses had to force me to eat... and I am exhausted- Not the point! 

I try not to think about it much but my mind keeps leading me to wonder why he would keep this so long when his life was at risk, and whether or not we could ever be a thing, or something could go wrong and I can lose him forever. I couldn't bear the thought.

I already notified all our online friends and my roommate about what's been happening, them responding with countless amounts of concern and sympathy, and I already warned Twitter that there will be a longer break for me and Skeppy for personal reasons. I sat there looking at his sleeping body, holding his hand, and rubbing my thumb gently against his knuckles, a few tears cascaded down my face. There was nothing else I could do but wait.