Chapter 8 - I'm Half Droid?!🦿

(DAY 8 w/ THE BAD BATCH)

"What is that?" Talla wondered with a raise of her brow as everyone faithfully stepped into the room bright and early the next morning, Wrecker oddly carrying in a mysterious crate on his shoulder and setting it by her bed where she was lying down after her scheduled 'dark-thirty' bacta tank session.

"It's your new armor the Kaminoans sent over!" Wrecker revealed excitedly, popping open the crate like a child eagerly ripping open a present from their parents and showing its contents to the groggy young woman.

The others made themselves comfortable in the spare chairs around the room, and Talla shifted the positioning of her bed with a press of a button, so she was able to sit upright. "Why did you bring it here? It's going to be another day or two before I can gear up again."

Wrecker still pulled a chair up to her bed and started taking out the various shaped pieces of white plastoid. "Well we gotta paint it like ours!" He said this as if it was the most obvious answer in the universe!

"Is that necessary?" Talla asked him, noncompliant, "Armor is just supposed to protect me from harm. Adding images to it just seems... redundant."

Wrecker paused, shooting her a clueless look, "Redun-what?"

"'Not useful.'" Tech clarified flatly without looking up from his datapad, happily tapping away.

"Ohhh!" Wrecker gave Talla porg-eyes, "But you're with us now, and we can't have ya looking like a boring reg!" The very thought made him wanna puke!

Now it was Talla's turn to be clueless, "Reg?"

Tech: "'Regular Clone Troopers.'" Tap, tap.

"Oh, so another nickname?"

Tap, tap. "Yes." Tap, tap, tap.

Talla made a noise of interest over this new fact she learned, filing it away for later.

Wrecker was relentless though with this weird face thing that seemed to work at wearing down her resolve, so she sighed reluctantly, "I really don't think I can make my armor like yours because I'm a clone soldier, not an artist. I don't know the first thing about painting."

"I'll help ya!" He assured her, "It's not that hard, jus' make it look awesome!"

Talla's expression was blank. "I don't know a thing about that either, Wrecker."

But pushy Wrecker was adamant that this was necessary ritual that needed to be performed in order to fit in with their squad's style, and that she'd thank him for this later - by the time they finished, she'd look so kriffing badass!

"An expletive that means 'tough, uncompromising, or intimidating.'" Tech helpfully translated again when asked, then again with expletive, "Words that can be used when angry, being playful or simply being in pain."

Well, Talla did want to take every advantage on the battlefield, which is the only reason she relented. Wrecker didn't mind though, as long as she didn't stay lookin' like a reg!

It took thirty minutes to paint all her armor charcoal black, but by then Talla still had no idea how to make it 'badass!'

"I know there has to be a ninety-nine on the pauldrons to show my division, but I really don't know how to make it 'kriffing badass!'" She lamented.

Across the room Crosshair snickered at her very first attempt at using cuss words which earned him a shove on the shoulder from his Sergeant. The sniper couldn't help it - she tried appearing angrier by using such strong language, but instead it was just a pitifully cute attempt.