Control

Hunter: 

The next morning I was nervous as heck. 'Will I be deemed alpha, or will Richard have his way and become the new alpha?' I wondered. I could sense Jade's presence nearby, she was cleaning the up stairs. I bit my lip debating on trying to talk to her without Richard or Eladia being aware. 'Nah, they'd know. They're so cautious' I thought. 'Actualy, Eladia wouldn't notice' I thought. Since the knews about Vincent struck, she'd just crumbled into broken glass from the inside out. 'And what about me?' I wondered. I sat on my bed deep in though. 'Did I care at all, that my father may be dead, and that this pack was becoming weaker and weaker? What about Richard, what is he up to? What's his plan?' I wondered. I raised a fist, smashing my knuckles into the window which cracked at the impact. I sighed, what was I to do. The sound of a horses hooves reached my years. I looked out the window to see Richard pulling up the horses and the carriage. I stood up, and looked in the mirror. My dark brown hair looked fine, simple clothes looked proffessional. I chuckled, laughing at myself for fussing over my look. I l left my room, turning to close the door, and as I turned around I ran into someone.

"Ooff!" I heard the person I exclaim. My reflexes were quick and I caught them.

"You okay?" I asked. Her face turned rosy red,

"Yeah, I'm fine" Jade told me, a smile creeping on her face. I felt the stress, the anger, all of it leave my mind. 'When I'm with you Jade, everything feels okay. As if there were nothing wrong going on in life' I thought, 'I wonder if she can feel the bond between us, even if she is human' I wondered. I heard someone walk by lazily, and I looked up to see my mother. She was well dressed for the meeting. A dash of make-up on her face, but it didn't cover up the tired look in her eyes. I couldn't help but feel bad. Her mate, my father, is gone. We don't know if he's alive, or dead, or even how the barbarians killed him if he is dead that is. Without my father my mother was a hollow shell of her former self. She didn't care about Jade, or I. 'If Jade were gone, would I be the same? A hollow shell?' I thought.

"Are you okay?" Jade asked. Her eyes looked up to my eyes. I nodded my head and gave her a reassuring smile. I led her down the hall, my arm drapped aroudn her waist keeping her close to me. 'Everything is going to be okay' I thought. When I become alpha, I'll fix everything. I felt confident that I would be made alpha. After all I am the beta wolf of the pack, not Richard. A low growl rumbled through my chest. I shared the same feelings my father did towards my uncle. The slight dislike and the distrust towards him. 'If I feel that way, then the council won't trust him. They trust me more than him. I will be the alpha' I thought. We left and hopped into the horse-drawn carriage. It didn't take long to reach the town. The council from the other pack's would be there, but not the alpha's this time. Richard would be there as well as the entire Lakefall Pack. All of the families would be there to see me declared alpha. 'And I won't let down any family in this pack' I thought. We reached the building and entered. I let go of Jade, so she could watch Morgan. 

"Ah, there you are" Richard said, taking Eladia's hand and kissed it sweetly. She gave him a gentle smile, a flicker of life returned in her eyes.

"And Hunter, how 're ye boy?" Richard asked. I held my chin just a bit higher,

"Good, and you?" I asked.

"Fine, it is a great day" he said, and he leaned closer to whisper in my ear, "May the better man win" he said with a chuckle and left to stand by his family. 'Stay calm, don't loose your cool' I thought. I made my way through the crowd of people towards the long table at which the council sat at.

"Ms. Schaedler, good to see you" I greated the elder representing the Eric's pack. 

"Good to see you to Hunter, how have you been?" Ester asked.