Demands

Hunter:

Suzah was coming over, whoop-ty-doo I couldn't be happier. After Richard was made alpha the pack merge was to continue, and I was not pleased. Not even my own mother who was pathetically sobbing in bed for my father whom we still didn't know the where abouts of. I heard a knock at the front door and Richard answering it. A low growl rumbled through my chest. I gripped the edges of the sofa, feeling my nails lengthen into claws and create small tears beneath the seat. I took a deep breath, forcing my wolf into submission to keep control of myself. Richard entered with Suzah, his brown eyes flickered to me expectingly. 

"Welcome Suzah, how was your trip here?" I asked Suzah through clenched teeth.

"Great, absolutely grate" she said taking a seat much too far into my personal space. I clenched my jaw tighter, focusing on control.

"I'm so glad that pesky human is gone now, now we can be together" Suzah said, clinging to my arm now. I felt my control slip even farther away, but my eyes flickered towards Richard.

"That human was a pesk, wasn't she Hunter?" Richard asked. His eyes flashed golden yellow, and he glared at me.

"Wasn't she?" he asked again.

"Yeah, she was" I lied with a chuckle. Richard was using his status as Alpha to force me to submit to his wishes. 'Well I'm not your puppet Uncle. I am the beta of this pack, the future alpha' I thought stubbornly.

"So how has your life been as alpha, glorious I may guess?" Richard asked.

"Oh, yes. Rich in glory and hard work. You have to rule with a tough hand and strong voice without a single doubt in your judgement and the laws you lay down. It can be stressfull, but I enjoy my work very much" Suzah answered, her eyes sparkling with pride. I resisted the urge to shake my head, 'She was so wrong about being alpha. You should question your judgement, you should analyze your decision for any flaws for the sake of your pack. Just because your alpha doesn't make you the mighty-all-perected one! She's too far off the deep end in her own mind' I thought.

"I agree" I foudn myself saying. Richard looked at me, nodding his head approvingly, but I only glared back at him. He pulled out some paper work out of a large folder,

"Since our packs will be merging soon, I thought it would be nice to work with each other" Richard stated.

"How is the Lakefall pack as a whole?" Suzah asked, her eyes glowing with curiousity. 

"Well for starters the Barbarians have continued to demand a third hostage" Richard informed us. My eyes narrowed, ' Third Hostage. 1. My Mate 2. ???? 3. Another hostage! Who was the second hostage????' I wondered curiously.

"I understand, perhaps you could work it out somehow. Maybe the last and final peace offering" Suzah suggested. She turned to me asking, "What do you think Hunter?" Richard's eyes looked at me expectingly. I could feel his power in the air, the alpha, regal sort of power over those submissive. 'Come on Hunter, fight! Don't be this fools *yes man* now' I thought.

"I don't think its a good idea" I stated, and Richard's jaw gasped.

"Why sure you agree don't you?" he demanded to know, his chest rumbled with a deep, resonant growl. I gulped nervously, I was so in trouble later.

"No I don't" I repeated myself, "To sacrifice a loyal pack member would be dishonourable, unthinkable, a betrayal to our pack, and our own kind! I say ditch the idea for peace an a new ally we don't need, and fight back" I stated. Richard look absolutely pissed. I had really done it now.

"Hmm. I thought you were smarter, but I guess maybe I was wrong. That's okay though because you'll always have me" Suzah said argantly. 

"Ha, don't flatter yourself. I always thought you were dumb as a pile of elk droppings, and I just know I'm right" I shot back. Suzah's jaw dropped, and she reached up to smack me. I grabbed her wrist with a crushing grip. 'Because of you, my mate has been taken away for this pack merge to work' I thought.

"Let go of me!" Suzah cried.

"Hunter" Richard growled with a high level of authority in his tone, but I was too far gone to pay attention. 'Because of you my mate could posibble be enduring the barbarian's torture' I thought. I growled, feeling the hairs on the back of my neck rise. My teeth became sharper, senses becoming keener.

"Hunter!" I heard Eladia's voice snap loudly, and finally I let go of Suzah. My wolf shrunk back submissivly bringing my will power back.

"I thought you were different, but I was wrong" Suzah snapped. She turned to leave the castle, slamming the door behind her. Eladia sighed, and struggled back up the stairs back to bed. Richard turned to me looking absolutely furious. Yep here come the lecture...

"You know the Brook's have been holding off attack for our sake, for you and Suzah's sake!" Richard snapped at me.

"I don't care! I don't give a bloody f*ck*ng care!" I yelled.

"It's that girl, that human. She's worked her way into your mind, and you truly believe she is your mate. She's a human, she isn't natural, she is a disgusting form of life!" Richard snapped. I grabbed the front of his shirt and with wolfish strength slammed him into the wall. My lips curled up into a snarl,

"Don't you talk about my mate like that" I snarled, my teeth sharper than normal.

"I am alpha, you will back down" Richard growled. I glared at him, refusing to back down silently. In a flash, and the sound fabric ripping Richard lunged. An enormous brown furred wolf in his place attacked me. The sofa was tipped over, the front wooden leg breaking in thirds. I twisted my body, dodging his attack. A loud pop and crackling noise from my back was heard. My clothes tore into pieces as I shifted into wolf form. Richard growled, and lept over the couch. I was sent tumbling backwards with his teeth snapping for my neck. I kept moving and struggling against him, keeping him from biting me. I stretched my neck, letting my teeth sink into his paw. He yelped in pain and I started to force him to the ground. He was just to heavy though. With a burst of strength I was over powered and I felt jagged teeth sink into my neck. I yelped and struggled in shock and fear. It was useless and my growls and snarls turned into submissive whimpers of fright. Richard let go, panting hard.

"You are not alpha" he snorted with disgust of me. I heard another, smaller whimper from somewhere in the room. Morgan stood by the stairs.

"Hun-tah?" she called for me, she started coming towards us. My eyes widened, 

"Hun-tah, weh Mommy?" she asked. 'Mommy, she means Jade' I thought. I felt bad for the poor little girl. The one person she thought of as her true mother, my mate, had been taken away from her. How confused she must feel.

"Go back to bed" Richard growled, coming towards her. I felt rage build up with me, and I remembered the few times I'd seen Jade protect her. 

"Hun-tah?" Morgan called for me again, backing away from the threatening Richard. I snarled, lunging towards Richard and I caught him by surprise. He was on his feet in a momment, and Morgan quickly flew up the stairs.

"Don't try anything like that again, or I won't hesitate to kill you" Richard threatened. 

"Whether your like it or not, your pack is at war. We go into battle tomorrow" Richard said before leaving. I looked at the living room. I'd clean it up later, for now, since I had no choice I needed my rest for war. 

Richard:

Hunter screwed up, and now there is no chance for a pack merge. I have to take out the other packs. Then the Lakefall pack will reign supream over the land, and when that happens I will reign supream. Even without the Brook's pack merge I can still maintain absolute power. Tomorrow will be the biggest battle yet.