xiv. alex karev, killing aliya's love life since 2007

chapter fourteen ━ how insensitive &shiny happy peopleseason six, episode twenty one & twenty two

chapter fourteen how insensitive &
shiny happy people
season six, episode twenty one & twenty two

❝ here we like to drown our issues
in tequila and punish ourselves
with a dreadful hangover. ❞

Aliya smoothed out the fabric of her dress, a smile twitching across her lips as she turned around to her side profile, nodding in acceptance of the outfit she had picked.

She slipped on a pair of dainty, gold earrings, and sprayed herself with one last ounce of overly expensive perfume that gave the correct illusion of actually being put together.

With one hand reaching for her best jacket (without jam stains or toothpaste marks) and the other reaching for her purse, she gave herself one final stolen glance in the mirror before leaving her room and hopping down the stairs.

"Dude, you look hot." Alex complimented, sincerely through a mouthful of chips from the couch as Aliya came into view, crumbs coating the front of his shirt where Lexie's head rested.

"I know." Aliya smirked through her glossed lips, slipping on her ugliest but most comfiest pair of shoes, with her more socially acceptable heels in her free hand, the jacket now hung over her arm.

Lexie looked up from the television, grinning wide. "He's right. Where are you going?"

"I'm going on a date." Aliya announced, proudly whilst concentrating on her struggles of getting her left foot into the ugly shoe.

Alex shot upright in the sofa, fixing his eyes into his friend. "A date? With who? Do they work at the hospital? Are they a serial killer?" He interrogated, Lexie groaning in annoyance as she fixed her position on the sofa, cramming chips into her mouth whilst shooting glare over towards Alex.

Aliya narrowed her eyes at him, double checking for the third time if she had everything in her purse. "No, and if he was, why would I go on a date with him?"

"I don't know what you like." Alex shrugged, still sat at a sharp right angle, peering at her.

"It's quite common not to like serial killers." Aliya shrugged on her jacket, pulling her hair out of its trap. "Would love to stay and chat more about the possibility of me going on a date with a serial killer, but I have to go. I'm already late."

"Good Luck." Lexie called as Aliya opened the door, loudly. The house was old and grudge holding for the time Aliya nearly burned it down and the house hated her for that— the only possible explanation of the door only struggling to open when she was on the other side.