xxiii. and we kept everything professional

chapter twenty three ━ something's gotta giveseason seven, episode eight

chapter twenty three something's gotta give
season seven, episode eight

❝ i'll climb up the gutter if i have to!
i've done it before, i'll do it again!

Aliya held the takeaway box in her lap containing the slice of cheesecake they split for dessert. It was only natural to take another slice away with them — it was the best cheesecake the pair had ever tasted, it would've been a disgrace if they didn't.

That's how Aliya had chosen to justify it anyway.

"Okay, life or death—" Aliya pushed her recently blow dried hair over her shoulder, turning in the seat to look at him. "Seeing as you're such a hater on takeaway boxes, would you rather only eat out of tupperware for the rest of your life, or eat only stone cold food for the rest of your life?"

Jackson chewed his lip, his seat belt undone as he genuinely thought about his answer to the question, like this was going to happen to him one day. After a long pause of him tapping on the steering wheel, he shook his head, clearing his throat. "No." He said, decisively, noticing Aliya widening her eyes at him. "I wouldn't be able to do it without a sad harp playing in the background."

Aliya scoffed, throwing her head back. "A sad harp? Really? You find it that depressing?"

"As a matter of fact, yes. Yes I do." Jackson nodded, firmly, taking his keys out of the ignition. "I wouldn't be able to eat out of a tupperware box."

He cleared up, for the sake of clarity.

"I know you've told me this before, but it's still shocking." Aliya pointed out, leaning a fraction of an inch closer to him, so his navy shirt brushed against her arm. "What about the cheesecake? You would eat the cheesecake, right?" Jackson made a face at the takeaway box she was currently waving in front of his face. "What?"

Pursing his lips, he caught Aliya's hand, lowering it to her lap. "I would choose cold food."

Aliya widened her eyes, fidgeting in her seat, pushing the seatbelt off of her shoulder. "Stone cold food? You would never be able to taste hot soup again." She spoke, sombrely.

"I don't really like soup." He informed, tossing the keys in his hands.

Aliya's jaw dropped as she turned her head abruptly towards him. "You don't like soup?"