xxxii. hating you is the most exhausting

chapter thirty two ━ not responsibleseason seven, episode sixteen

chapter thirty two not responsible
season seven, episode sixteen

❝ do you think there's just
one person for everyone?

"Aliya, what are you wearing?" Alex Karev raised his brow at the brunette that had just entered the kitchen, even Meredith and Derek who were at the table looking over floor plans glanced up, tracing Aliya's outfit in awe.

Looking down at herself, Aliya frowned, she didn't think it was all that bad. "What's wrong with my outfit?"

"You look like a farmer." Alex bit into his slice of raspberry jam toast in disgust.

It was true, she was in fact wearing a pair of blue dungarees with her hair in a loose braid that hung down her back. But the similarities ended there, it wasn't as if she was wearing a flannel underneath, just a plain white top.

"Where have you been?" Derek questioned, straightening up from where he was leant over Meredith's shoulder. The blonde was currently oddly squinting at Aliya, which threw her off massively.

"Oh, I've—"

Alex rubbed the crumbs off his hands, tutting as he shook his head. "Five times this week Aliya, that's a record."

"What's a record?" Meredith asked, still squinting around the room.

"Nothing." Aliya gave Alex a pointed look in an attempt to make him shut up, but that man had no understanding of when to stop speaking. She didn't either, so she couldn't really say much when he carried on explaining.

Alex raised a brow. "You don't notice her leaving the house early each morning, then coming back over an hour later?"

Aliya took it upon herself to death stare Alex as he exposed Aliya's illicit car rides to the entire kitchen.

"Yes," Meredith nodded. "Aliya, why do you do that?"

Aliya shrugged, making her way to the refuge of the coffee station, reaching for a filter and making a fresh pot via muscle memory.

"She drives to Andy's house, stops in the drive, never gets out the car, and drives all the way back." Alex explained to Meredith and Derek with Aliya's back turned to them as she turned her concentration to the art that was coffee making. "She's been doing it for three weeks now. First week, it was twice. Second, it was four times and this week, five."