xxxv. maple syrup, coffee, pancakes for two

chapter thirty five ━ it's a long way backseason seven, episode nineteen

chapter thirty five it's a long way back
season seven, episode nineteen

❝ i guess we have, that's a
new record for us. ❞

one week later

As if by magic, Aliya's sleeping pattern seemed to miraculous fix itself overnight and for the past week, she had been sleeping better than ever, which she thought was something that could not have been possible.

Though it was no coincidence seeing as the reason why she had been sleeping well was very much due to the fact that Jackson Avery was now sleeping next to her in the bed, though he would point out it was due to his very uncomfortable, very lumpy mattress, but they both knew he was lying through his teeth as they fell asleep in each others arms in a tangle of limbs for seven consecutive nights.

In other words, the couple had spent the last week catching up with what they hadn't had a chance to do in the three excruciatingly long months they were apart, with no elaboration necessary.

Aliya slowly but surely woke up, though she was reluctant to finally open her eyes as she felt along her bed, searching for him, though it seemed he wasn't actually there.

She shot up in bed, peeling her eyes open as she stared at the space he should have been, wondering if this was some sort of sick and twisted hoax.

Frowning, she moved to the door, opening it with a yawn and moving across the hallway. She did consider brushing her teeth, but the two were too far gone at this point to be put off by morning breath.

It was early in the morning, eight give or take, and Aliya had never felt more well rested in her entire life. She passed down the stairs, wearing only one of Jackson's old shirts and a pair of pyjama bottoms as she entered the kitchen, where Jackson was presumably flipping pancakes on a frying pan.

"What are you doing?" Aliya smirked from the doorway, causing Jackson to physically leap out of his skin mid pancake toss, though he still caught it in the pan, it must have been from all that college football he mentioned playing at any chance he got.

"Jeez!" Jackson sighed in relief at the fact the pancake was not ruined, still sizzling on the pan, he turned to the woman, who was looking at him as if he were a piece of art in an exhibit. "What are you doing?"

"Coming to get coffee." Aliya answered his question simply, her tone warm and loving as she shuffled over to the already made coffee, still warm. Though she was met with a frown coming from Jackson, or what she could make out was a frown from her lack of glasses or contacts she forgot to put in. "What?"